Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: England game
Shooter63

posted on 27/6/16 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
England game

I see our highly paid footballers are playing well against a country with the population of Ealing

Shooter

sdh2903

posted on 27/6/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Least we're used to being dumped out of Europe this week.....
BenB

posted on 27/6/16 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yes. Once again we lose due to load of clueless idiots
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 27/6/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
That has got to be most shocking shamballs I have ever watched I feel like I have wasted 2hours of my life !!
Paul M

posted on 27/6/16 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Every cloud etc - I've got Iceland in the work Sweepstake.

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

Smoking Frog

posted on 27/6/16 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
They are so consistent in disappointing. Drink needed.
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 27/6/16 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Iceland or Wales to win then
bi22le

posted on 27/6/16 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I laughed, once i woke back up.

Iceland had the lowest goals scored and lowest possession in the tournament, and it was their first major. The prefect team for us to loose to. Well done lads you deserve a holiday.

Over paid jokers.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Toys2

posted on 27/6/16 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
We know what was going to happen, yet somehow we are still surprised?
cliftyhanger

posted on 28/6/16 at 04:58 AM Reply With Quote
I am not a footy fan in the slightest....
But "interestingly" my 28yo Nephew (who is really into football) yesterday said, with a completely straight face, that England would lose. He just knew, presumably because he noticed the England team are sh1te. Apparently they have no self belief as a team. Unlike Iceland who seem to be having a great time. Anyway, that was his reasoning. Guess I better buy the cakes today.....

gaz_gaz

posted on 28/6/16 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
I think it should be replayed until England win..
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 28/6/16 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Agreed, it's the 'wrong' result, unexpected. Needs to be replayed.

I'm not a football devotee, but I've heard previous commentary from football managers:

"How do you motivate a team of millionares?"

Well, clearly not by simply giving them more money. The overvalued elite have tried that with Bankers, Politicians and A.N.Other Bodies... it's more than Greed.

benchmark51

posted on 28/6/16 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
England were 'given' a free goal at the beginning and they celebrated as if they had fought long and hard for it. So much that Iceland equalised in less time than the celebration took.

The England team are not hungry enough to win, most of them are in it for the wages. At half time I turned it off and went and washed the car. Time much better spent.

nick205

posted on 28/6/16 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2
That has got to be most shocking shamballs I have ever watched I feel like I have wasted 2hours of my life !!

Hehehe - funnily enough that's the way I feel about football in general - many other things I would rather be doing than watching football.

hughpinder

posted on 28/6/16 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I think that when they get beaten, they should be paid the salary of the team that beats them (managers and players) - that should give a bit of motivation, as I suspect we have one of the highest paid teams. . It would even balance out as the 'good' teams are probably quite well paid so less of an issue when you loose to them! Actually, maybe that should be the rule in the whole football system in this country.
red22

posted on 28/6/16 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Why is everyone shocked? England are 13th in the world, they are only supposed to reach the last 16, and going by past performances that's all the can do. Time people stopped thinking we will win anything.

It's not a case of motivating players, I'm sure they're committed its just that they aren't world class. You hear commentators, asking if the players are tired or lacking confidence, get a grip it's football. Even when they're not "tired" or "lacking confidence" the strikers can't hit a barn door, the midfield can't string two passes together and I'm sure the keeper is more concerned about his visible flakes. And lets not forget when these fragile "athletes" are playing for England they haven't got all those better players around them like they do in the Premier League making them look good.

Then we have the Manager. Forever bleating on about not having the squad together long enough to get a settled side and we get to a tournament and its all change 3 times. Seriously wtf. And the last change was back to almost the same side that couldn't win in the 1st game. Genius. And as for Hodgson saying he was proud of his time in charge???????? for what??????? Couldn't even make it out of the group at the last World Cup and a crap display in the Euros'. His definition of proud and mine are totally different.

Never mind it'll all be forgotten about in 2 years time, and we're lead to believe it's all change and England are in with a chance. And round it'll go again.

jeffw

posted on 28/6/16 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
In other news the England Rugby team beat Australia 3 games to 0 in Australia. First time ever that England have had a series whitewash against one of the best teams in the world.

sdh2903

posted on 28/6/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify. The England players have donated all of their match fees to charity for several years now. So yes they are useless and technically defficient but they aren't in France for the money at least.
adithorp

posted on 28/6/16 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Just to clarify. The England players have donated all of their match fees to charity for several years now. So yes they are useless and technically defficient but they aren't in France for the money at least.

...and this was the Euro's so world ranking doesn't mean a lot. They were ranked 5th going into this comp' so should make the last 8 especially when they come up against the lowest ranked team in the comp... but the lowest ranked team, against 11 individuals is a different matter.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

David Jenkins

posted on 28/6/16 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
This is from the Suffolk Gazette (a spoof news site)

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/sport/millions-sign-petition/#

belgian2b

posted on 28/6/16 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
At least , you are still in Eurovision Song Contest...

Gerardo

David Jenkins

posted on 28/6/16 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by belgian2b

Gerardo

Now that's just cruel!

jeffw

posted on 28/6/16 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by belgian2b

Gerardo

You evil Belgium person you....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.