Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just bought a partially finished Gbs zero
Paul TVR

posted on 11/7/16 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Just bought a partially finished Gbs zero

Hi all, I have just bought a partially finished Gbs zero, It came with a 2.0 redtop, type 9 gearbox, Caterham bell housing, and a pair of unused weber 45 on a Caterham manifold. Have been in 2 minds what to do with the outer panels, the previous builder has riveted ever inch along the car, didn't like it at first but now it's growing on me. Thought I'd register here as no doubt will have a fair few questions.

First job was to remove the engine as there was no flywheel or clutch on it, means sourcing those.

AndyW

posted on 11/7/16 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the best forum in the world. It's a good idea to put your location in your profile as there could be willing help not too far. I have a GBS Zero which I finished 3 years ago. If you need any help or advise just ask. With the side panels I bonded mine on as I vinyl wrapped it once finished as got fed up very quickly with the ali panels.

Are you planning on putting it through IVA?

Good luck with the build

Andy

Paul TVR

posted on 11/7/16 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome and offer of advice, I have been looking around for online build guides and blogs for idea’s.

Yes planning to put it through the IVA test afterwards.

The car has stainless panels, not looking forward to building up the rear section, seems like it’s going to be a pain to do!

garyt

posted on 11/7/16 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
welcome and good luck with the build, remember there are loads of very knolageable folk on here so don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how daft you think it is, oh and please remember and this is most important ... we like photos of what your up to / progress
all the best Gary

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

Paul TVR

posted on 15/7/16 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well managed to cock up the scuttle folding, not a great start but new panel is available if it looks too bad once fitted.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.