Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VW emissions - 2.0 Passat software update - feedback?
Slater

posted on 22/7/16 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
VW emissions - 2.0 Passat software update - feedback?

Hi I got a letter from VW last month recalling my 2.0 Passat to "fix" the emissions thing. It needs a software update and the letter says it will not affect MPG or performance at all. It mentions improved combustion technology, whatever that is......

I am sceptical however. Has anyone on here had this software update done or know of someone who has?? Any feedback??

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

Bluemoon

posted on 22/7/16 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think you might be correct to be sceptical, with doing some leg work before commiting... After all if it's that simple to fix the emissions why not do it right to start with Something must have been lost to meet the emissions...

Dan

richardm6994

posted on 22/7/16 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
you may suddenly start using a lot more adblue after the software update.....(only a guess)

Jeano

posted on 22/7/16 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Got the same letter for my A5

no loss in torque, mpg, overall power etc. I feel the same. I dont try it.

Drives: MK Indy F20c with hairdryer

v8kid

posted on 22/7/16 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
you may suddenly start using a lot more adblue after the software update.....(only a guess)

Do passenger cars use adblue I thought it was only for lorries?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 23/7/16 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
My Passat does not have the adblue.

I tried a search on-line but can't find any feedback from owners after the update was done.

I will not get the update done at this time.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

Matt21

posted on 29/7/16 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Theres is a thread on audi-sport.net with feedback from someone reporting that their engine seemed to be working harder and felt a little slower

I haven't had a letter (only just bought my audi) but it is one of the ones and I wont be taking it to audi, unless there is some benefit for me such as lower tax etc, which I very much doubt.
Not only because of the chance of altered mpg and power etc, but because my time off work is important to me and I have better things to be doing than waiting for audi to fix their cock up

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.