Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Bike Engined Reverse Setup: Quaife Box + Propshafts
BigMac

posted on 22/7/16 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Bike Engined Reverse Setup: Quaife Box + Propshafts

Hi Guys

Up for sale is the reversing setup from my Westfield Mega-R: a Quaife Reversing Gearbox (QBE35G) and two propshafts. Asking price is £675 and can be collected from ST7 (Stoke-on-Trent). The setup is now surplus to requirements as I've gone with a single, two piece prop. The perfect setup for anyone wanting to do a BEC build or add reverse into an existing setup.

The box is a Quaife QBE35G that was fully rebuilt to the latest specification by Quaife at a cost of £460 which included replacement of the pinion gears, seal carriers and the output flange (for a stronger design). The car has been driven around 100 miles since the box has been rebuilt, so it really is in new condition. You'll also get the fitting hardware which includes a fabricated mounting plate and bolts, as well as selector rod and all associated hardware. You can see the dimensions of the box and the mounting flanges on their website.

The propshafts are as you'd expect for a bike engined car, so the rear prop (diff end) is a Torque Resilient Tube (TRT) with a slider fitting; the front prop (gearbox end) is a solid design, with a slider setup. Dimensions for the props are below, closed is with the slider fully closed, open is with the slider fully extended. Dimensions for the flanges are in the last picture below.

Front Prop (Gearbox end): Closed - 366mm, Open - 404mm
Rear Prop (Diff end): Closed - 805mm, Open - 843mm

Any questions, please drop me a U2U.

Thanks all,

Ben.

Description
Description

[Edited on 22/7/16 by BigMac]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

BigMac

posted on 23/8/16 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Still for sale if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Ben.

deanspoors

posted on 25/8/16 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Out of curiosity, why have you took it off? I have a wetfield busa and find the reverse box very useful although the standard westfield standard RGB is shite. Is the quaife one much better? Also how did you mount this?

Thanks,
Dean

Jeano

posted on 26/8/16 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
I have the quaife box on my zx12r dax and its an amazing bit of kit

Drives: MK Indy F20c with hairdryer

marc_cowley

posted on 26/8/16 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
How much for just the gearbox? I've got an eyes for a boat so don't need props thanks

C30 T5

BigMac

posted on 26/8/16 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Gents

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't seen your posts.

To answer your questions-

Dean: I've decided to take the box out of the car as being honest I rarely use reverse, and I plan on using the car more for track nowadays. Seemed no point in having an overly complex reverse gear if I didn't use it. Of all the reverse gearboxes, these are renowned for being one of the best. Mounting wise, my was mounted to a bracket that sat on inch square box section that mounted across the opposite lower chassis bars in the tunnel. The bracket is included in the sale, along with all the mounting hardware.

Marc- I will sell the box separately, but being honest the bulk of this price is the box, rather than props. I'd be looking for £600 for the box on its own, given the fact it's been rebuilt to the latest spec.

[Edited on 26/8/16 by BigMac]

BigMac

posted on 21/9/16 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Sold

Sold.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.