Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Greenpower cars
matty h

posted on 26/7/16 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Greenpower cars

Hi,
I am into gravity racing and want to make a new car and have come across the green power website.
It appears that the are searching for many of the same things.
I have seen some of there body work and think this is what is letting mine down.
My question is is anyone involved in the green power cars and has a body mould that I can borrow\ buy or take body from.
I know its a long shot but thing there are some people on here involved with green power.

Regards Matty

[Edited on 26/7/16 by matty h]

Joshy

posted on 27/7/16 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I was involved with Greenpower as a student competitor whilst at secondary school (2001 - 2008). In the last two years I lead the design and build of the school teams 4th car - TSR-4.

Onboard Video CLICKY

In 2010 I was invited to sit on the Greenpower board of trustees as a student representative, I attended quarterly board meetings for 3 years and helped out at other events promoting Greenpower.

So, basically I know a lot about Greenpower, although I have moved onto new projects since 2013.

I'm guessing you're looking to make your own GFRP bodywork? Have you considered making your own plug/mould?

Josh

matty h

posted on 27/7/16 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yes looking at making a fibreglass body thinking it would be a lot easier to use an existing mould.
Matty

drt

posted on 28/7/16 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'm good friends with a guy who competes in Gravity racing and also builds them for customers

http://dagani.be/

mail him in my behalf... turn key, parts, anything

russbost

posted on 28/7/16 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
I have some old Formula Ford bodywork which you might be able to modify, or add to, to make a plug, awful lot easier than starting from scratch. You would need to collect from Essex, 20 mins from Dartford crossing. I only want £100 for it ...............u2u or email russbost at googlemail dot com if of interest

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.