Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA checklist
Daf

posted on 26/7/16 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
IVA checklist

I have an IVA test date - woohoo! In 3 weeks - eek!

Anyway, those of you with experience in this area what else do i need to take with me:

- car
- sierra steering wheel if mine is non compliant
- various data sheets for things like hoses etc
- photos of stuff tester won't be able to see
- tools
- spare bits of rubber trim & glue

AndyW

posted on 27/7/16 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
I would put the sierra steering wheel on before you go. Although most testers know your likely to change it after the test. They may not allow you time to do that during the test. Not worth the risk in having a fail.

If you need to add trim make sure you have the means to make it permanent as that's one thing they look for, other than that good luck and remember its just a test, if you get a fail then you will have a firm list of things to rectify and its not the end of the world.

russbost

posted on 27/7/16 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure tank is full of fuel

A drill, aluminium tin snips & pop rivets might be handy

any spare rubber/plastic boots you happen to have & lots of cable ties!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Toprivetguns

posted on 27/7/16 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Read the IVA manual and tick off each chapter and each individual point. At the end you will be left with a few items that you need to sort. I used this method and it filled me with confidence on the day.

If there is something your not happy with or think it may not pass 3 weeks is plenty of time to rectify.

I would definitely refit the sierra steering wheel.

Post some pictures - we are all here to help.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

Irony

posted on 27/7/16 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
I essentially put all my tools in the car. All 3 IVAs I have been to I only needed snips and cable ties.
gremlin1234

posted on 27/7/16 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
if you post some pictures we can indicate any issues.

also many cars fail because brake balance bars are setup incorrectly. so double check that

Daf

posted on 27/7/16 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all - some great tips there. I will post some pictures up this weekend for some critical advice!

If I'm honest I dont expect it to pass - I'm going with the view I'm taking my car to a chap who will tell me what's needed to finish it. I'm not sure if this is the correct attitude to have!

pekwah1

posted on 27/7/16 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
That's exactly what i did DAF and afterwards there were some obvious things i should have thought of, and some that i don't think i would have realised even from going through the IVA manual (which i did).

Saying that, i second the thought of going through the IVA manual, it's quite helpful, and as long as you're happy with an extra £90 and another day down the test centre, i don't think it's a particularly bad approach

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.