Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C20XE Fuel Pump
mcg

posted on 27/7/16 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
C20XE Fuel Pump

Having (I hope) gotten to the bottom of my engine troubles with my red top, i need to get a new fuel pump.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ideally it would have the same spade connectors that i current one i have. (For ease of swapping) I can see lots out there on line, but some are 'in tank' which i assume is a no go for me? Some are super expensive as well. Red top is running standard, so assume i need a standard pump?

Thanks in advance.

matt

Mash

posted on 27/7/16 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'm about to buy an electric pump for my Pinto (don't trust the mechanical ones ever since a diaphragm went on my crossflow, and it pumped fuel into my oil). So I have the same dilemma

These two pumps have exactly the me spec, part from screw on terminals for the cheaper one, both from same fleabay supplier, and one is 100 quid more than the other

FOR VAUXHALL CAVALIER MK2 1.8 2.0 1982-88 ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP BOLT TERMINALS -FP2

FOR VAUXHALL NOVA 1.6 GTE 1.8 1988-1990 ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP SPADE TERMINALS -FP1

So I'll be interested to hear what folks have to say about it.........

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 28/7/16 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcg
Having (I hope) gotten to the bottom of my engine troubles with my red top, i need to get a new fuel pump.

Ideally it would have the same spade connectors that i current one i have. (For ease of swapping) I can see lots out there on line, but some are 'in tank' which i assume is a no go for me? Some are super expensive as well. Red top is running standard, so assume i need a standard pump?

Thanks in advance.

matt

Looks like a Bosch '044' pump to me. Like this: Link

What are you using for induction? carbs/throttle bodies? Plenty of options out there, you just need to know what flow rate you need.

mcg

posted on 28/7/16 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Standard injection as per the original car it was fitted. It has a 'power cap', and i believe it is been chip tunned, but i dont think it is exceptionally powerful compared to standard. I have seen a few different pumps for Calibra's etc which are all circa £50 or less. I am hoping that one of those will do the job as the motor sport ones are quite pricey!

quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
quote:
Originally posted by mcg

Thanks in advance.

matt

Looks like a Bosch '044' pump to me. Like this: Link

What are you using for induction? carbs/throttle bodies? Plenty of options out there, you just need to know what flow rate you need.

mcg

posted on 28/7/16 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Could be a good shout:

Vauxhall Opel C20LET Turbo C20XE 2.0L 16v Redtop Uprated 255lph Fuel Pump 044

Anyone have any thoughts on if this will do the job?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.