Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec installed with megajolt and bike carbs. Initial set up?
Skirrow

posted on 24/8/16 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec installed with megajolt and bike carbs. Initial set up?

Hi, I've just got my zetec in the car with ZX9R carbs installed. The EDIS module is installed but not plugged the megajolt in yet so it's running in limp home mode. I've just about managed to get it started but it struggled to start and requires the throttle to be held open at a couple of 1000 revs for it to stay running.

Megajolt is a MAP one running off vacuum. I've not touched the carbs so they are (presumably) still set up for the bike they came off and would like to get it running reasonably well before I take it to rolling road if possible.

Can anyone let me know what the next logical step is? Thinking timing before carbs, but maybe I should mess with the carbs so it will idle first?

Anyone have a megajolt map for a blacktop 2.0l zetec on ZX9R carbs? Or something close to get me in the right ballpark

Or a diagram to where things like mixture screw is on the carbs?

Cheers!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macc man

posted on 24/8/16 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same set up as you and I took the car to Mikeanics in Congleton. He re-drilled the jets and remapped for extra power.
Set up on a rolling road took a couple of hours. I was pleased with the result and would recommend him. Save loads of time and well worth the cost.

Skirrow

posted on 24/8/16 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, someone else recommend him to me too.

Could do with getting it running and through an MOT and maybe a little testing before I go to him though.

Did you get a megajolt map or anything set up before you took it to him?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SJ

posted on 24/8/16 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have a MJ with ZX6 carbs on my Blacktop. Mine has TPS though, not vac.

Happy to share my map. I got it from somebody else and tweaked it a bit but have only set mine up with a wideband.

On the ZX6 carbs the idle mixture screw is underneath the carb below the butterflies. ZX6 carbs also have adjustable needles. Not sure of ZX9.

macc man

posted on 24/8/16 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
My megajolt was set up wrong using both tps and map at same time. He has lots of maps available and has the experience to sort it.
Skirrow

posted on 25/8/16 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers fellas, going to take it to Mikeanics once I've got it up and running.

I've managed to find a standard zetec map. Could you post a pic or send me your map SJ? I'm not sure if the TPS one will work with vac or not though? But might give me an idea of the kind of figures I should be looking at.

The one I have looks like this (it's described as a safe map which I assume accounts for all the 32s):

SJ

posted on 25/8/16 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Just emailed the map over to you.

Stu

SJ

posted on 25/8/16 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Just emailed the map over to you.

Stu

Skirrow

posted on 25/8/16 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers!
chris

posted on 25/8/16 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I was running 2ltr zetec on zx9 carbs with tps and megajolt
my setting were
idle mixture screws 2-1\4 turns out
throttle neddles dropped to 2nd setting from top
main jets drilled to 1.5 mm
then balanced carbs with 4 gauge vacuum kit
when I eventually got it on the rolling road it was running just a little rich so he reduced the jets to 1.45 mm
the standard black top map that comes with the MJ is a good map to start with

[Edited on 25/8/16 by chris]

Skirrow

posted on 25/8/16 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Chris, that's great, should hopefully give me a decent start to get it running well enough to drive about and MOT etc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.