Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy 2ltr Zetec Turbo
p2ccolo

posted on 12/9/16 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
MK Indy 2ltr Zetec Turbo

Hi,

I'm considering selling my MK Indy, so I thought I would put some feelers out.

The only reason for contemplating selling is that I've found myself using it less this year after changing my daily driver, and I have my sights set on buying an e46/e36, MX5 or something similar as a track day project (I would consider PX).

MK Indy (IVA/build 2004)
2.0 Zetec Black top (brand new crate engine fitted 3-4k miles ago – purchased from kitspares, I have receipts)
Turbo conversion
Quaife Quick rack
15" alloys (plenty of tread on tyres)
Suede OMP Steering wheel
Full cage
GRP Seats
T9 Gear box, very smooth and in great working order
Sierra running gear
Performance sump with no ground clearance issues

I've owned the car for almost 4 years, during this time I have had a lot of work carried by RTEC Motorsport in Maidenhead. The car had a brand new zetec engine fitted 2 years ago, and has done less than 4k miles since new. I've had loads of work done to the car in my ownership to greatly improve it, including fitting new quick rack, ERA sump (to sort out ground clearance), new radiator, fan, carbon fibre bits etc.. lots of receipts.

The car has had a full turbo conversion (this was done by the previous owner) and was rolling roaded at 230hp (I have dyno readout and receipts), with that much power this car was mentally fast!! However, since fitting the brand new engine the boost was dropped whilst running in the engine, I had intended to raise the boost again to around 200hp–210hp (230 was a bit too mental for me!), but to be honest found it quick enough, so never bothered. I'd estimate its currently running at around 160hp, but this could easily be raised back up again at the cost of a single tuning/dyno session.

The car is mechanically sound and drives very nicely, its been very reliable over the past few years on the new engine with all of the work I've had done dialling out silly little issues that I had with the car when I first bought it – much of the car has been rebuilt.

The bad bits: The body work has the usual light scratches and a little bit of spidering of the paint in places like the rear wings, the rear wing stone guard came off and you can see the old screw holes where is was previously (easily sorted by fitting a stone guard), but all in all I still think it looks great, but just being honest that its no garage queen. The interior isnt going to win any prizes but is all functional and still looks good.

Car has never been tracked, and has always been garaged.

Comes with 11 months MOT. Located in High Wycombe, Bucks.

Looking for around £6800 ONO. I'm not desperate to sell, so no silly offers please.

[Edited on 13/9/16 by p2ccolo]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jamiej87

posted on 27/12/16 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi There,

Is this still for sale?

Thanks

Bar0770

posted on 28/12/16 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi would it be possible to view the car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.