Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calais Gauntlet run in a lorry (NSFW)
AndyW

posted on 14/9/16 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Calais Gauntlet run in a lorry (NSFW)

I don't normally get involved in things like this but this actually shocked me as to how large the problem in Calais is. Respect to the driver.

coozer

posted on 14/9/16 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm actually quite relieved I do not have to go anywhere near that place. Its against truckers basic human rights to have to go through that any time!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

britishtrident

posted on 14/9/16 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly it won't stop without machine guns and minefields.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

SJ

posted on 14/9/16 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Scary! We were planning to take the kids to France this year but to be honest we have been put off going through Calais.
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 14/9/16 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
I knew it was bad but that's an eye opener i don't think I'll be going to France in the near future .
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 14/9/16 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Scary! We were planning to take the kids to France this year but to be honest we have been put off going through Calais.

I'e been over three times in the last year. Assuming you're in a car, they arent interested. I didn't even see any of the migrants, as you enter the port area in a different location.

Also, take the train! much better management and security. I had my four year old with me on two of those trips, don't let it put you off

Matt21

posted on 14/9/16 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Absolutely shocking.

People are actually trying to tell us that these are refugees fleeing a war torn country and fear for their lives? They are all yound men! I didn't spot one woman or child trying to get in the lorries.
These 'men' should be fighting to get their country sorted. If they put a much effort into that as they are into destroying Calais they would have a decent place to live by now.

People who say we should be letting the 'refugees' in need to open their eyes. You think they aren't going to behave like that once they do get here?!

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

Oddified

posted on 14/9/16 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I do quite a few trips into Europe every year, quite often by the Dover-Calais route and ferry. It isn't a good place and there's a lot of trouble there. Many times you'll be driving back into the port and there's the remains of riots with bricks and even trees strewn across the road for a few miles away from Calais. Sooner or later there will be some serious trouble outside Calais, it's only a matter of time...

I'm back over there tomorrow and this time i'm doing the Hull- Rotterdam route, cuts out the delays in Dover, the migrants in Calais and for me living in the Northwest, it isn't much more expensive as it cuts the mileage/fuel/time driving down to Dover.

Ian

BenB

posted on 14/9/16 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
How come he's such an expert on the men and their reason for being there and / or wanting to get to the UK? That looks an incredibly dangerous situation and very stressful however..... perhaps the tents are full of women / children and the men are trying to get to the UK to get some money to support their families. Who knows? I'm not prepared to jump to the conclusions that he is.

The whole thing is a mess. I have no idea what's going on in that camp but then neither does that driver... he's just making unfounded stereotypical and somewhat xenophobic statements.

That video demonstrates the severity of the problem in more ways than one. I respect the driver for having to be in such a stressful situation as part of his job, that's about it.

SJ

posted on 14/9/16 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SJ

I'e been over three times in the last year. Assuming you're in a car, they arent interested. I didn't even see any of the migrants, as you enter the port area in a different location.

Also, take the train! much better management and security. I had my four year old with me on two of those trips, don't let it put you off

Thanks - its good to get some first hand views.

Stu

gaz_gaz

posted on 14/9/16 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ

Don't be.. I travel into Europe atleast once a month by car..
Only once have I seen people as far in as the curved flyover into the Eurotunnel site and that was on a busy bank holiday.

I'd be amazed if you had any problems at all and unless you're travelling in hrs of darkness you probably won't see anything.
There's a big police presence all over the area now.

lsdweb

posted on 15/9/16 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
We tend to go to France every year. Whilst I've heard that travelling by car doesn't seem to be a problem (we have a caravan too), we tend to avoid the Dover - Calais route and sail to either Caen or St Malo.

Wyn

Matt21

posted on 15/9/16 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Apparently the driving is now facing charges following this video...

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

v8kid

posted on 15/9/16 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt21
Apparently the driving is now facing charges following this video...

Why?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gaz_gaz

posted on 15/9/16 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
The video is about a year old.
The problem was that he deliberately drove at the pedestrians.
He was sacked by his company. I read somewhere the Hungarian prosecution service is looking for a suspended jail sentence for him.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.