Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which fuse box
James m

posted on 15/9/16 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Which fuse box

I have a locost running a 1600. Pinto ' I have Sierra wiring loom , the question is do I need to get a Sierra fuse box or can I get a after market type as I'm not using a lot of the functions in the genuine fuse box , ie heaters wipers etc etc
coozer

posted on 15/9/16 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Are you using the sierra stalk switches? If so all the relays and change over functions are in the top of the sierra fuse box.

I kept it but stripped out all the fused functions not required and moved all the ones I wanted into the top half of the box and then just cut off the bottom half that was empty.

First try of the lights and they all worked as they should!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

James m

posted on 15/9/16 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks that helps a lot , yes I'm using the Sierra stalks etc , I will now search out a fuse box
Thanks

nick205

posted on 16/9/16 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Building a 2.0 Pinto engined Indy (and using Sierra stalks) I used these fuse holders...

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/663/blade-fus e-box-bottom-entry

Vehicle Wiring Products were a pleasure to deal with and delivered fast too. I made an Aluminium plate on which to mount the fuse holders and some relays - it worked fine and passed SVA without an issue.

[Edited on 16/9/16 by nick205]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.