Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: exocet concept
Beardy

posted on 24/9/16 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
exocet concept

I am part way through building an Exomotive exocet in the US.
I have always considered building a Locost and like fabricating, but am just not that good. I am also critical of any approach that would result in me screwing up suspension geometry (via my own inabilities). So the concept of taking front and rear subframes from the MX-5/Miata and retaining the geometry is attractive. Particularly true given the PPF approach that Mazda uses.

Are there any other kits or projects like this?
Has anyone thought of taking the NC under-pinnings and coming up with a full bodied seven (Fury-esque)?

just curious.

cheers
Beardy

ettore bugatti

posted on 26/9/16 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Only NC based kit I'm aware of is the Healy Enigma:
http://www.healydesigns.co.uk/#fndtn-Factory

Personally, I like the looks of the Bauer Catfish
http://bauerltd.com/

Beardy

posted on 26/9/16 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks,
I was more thinking of as a basis for a locost-esque chassis build rather than a kit.

The subframes are heavy but solve all the major issues of suspension design with something that works well. There are tubular subframes available from V8roadsters, so that gets rid of the `heavy' issue. As a starting place for a front engine rwd car its an elegant solution that gives well proven results and provides access to a multitude of suspension and brake options. It appears to take a lot of the potential grief out of a chassis build so I am surprised that more haven't tried this approach.

cheers
Beardy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.