Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renaultsport Megane R26
phelpsa

posted on 26/9/16 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Renaultsport Megane R26

Unfortunately up for sale

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/renaultsport-megane/renault-megane-x84-p2-renaultsport-f1team-r26---------2007/6254308

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marco

posted on 26/9/16 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/renaultsport-megane/renault-megane-x84-p2-renaultsport-f1team-r26---------2007/6254308

How do you rate them? . I thought they would make a half decent track car as they can be mapped pretty easy for extra power, decent size brakes as standard and Renault RS handling is usually quite good.

theduck

posted on 26/9/16 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
They make great track cars. Also quite easy to make a standard r26 into an r26.r spec (or better) car with after market parts making it an incredible track car.
marco

posted on 26/9/16 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
They make great track cars. Also quite easy to make a standard r26 into an r26.r spec (or better) car with after market parts making it an incredible track car.

Whats the difference between the two I can't seem to find an R26r to compare

phelpsa

posted on 26/9/16 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

How do you rate them? . I thought they would make a half decent track car as they can be mapped pretty easy for extra power, decent size brakes as standard and Renault RS handling is usually quite good.

I've absolutely loved it! It handles like a car half it's size yet still rides pretty well. I'd been in a non-R26 before and was disappointed, but the dampers and LSD on the R26 transform the whole experience. I guess that's why they still fetch a good margin over the earlier RS models.

Having the right tyres on them is important. It had Michelin PS3s on previously but the P-Zeros offer much better steering response.

Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to take it on track, I bet it would be a hoot though!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 26/9/16 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco
quote:
Originally posted by theduck

Whats the difference between the two I can't seem to find an R26r to compare

R26R is the stripped out track version, which still seem to fetch 15-20k! :O

theduck

posted on 26/9/16 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
As above, it was stripped out, bucket seats, roll cage, harnesses and r888 from the factory. Iirc it had plastic windows as well. Also had different (softer) suspension to allow for the difference in weight.
prawnabie

posted on 27/9/16 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
plastic rear and rear side windows
carbon fibre bonnet
rear cage + no back seat (although still seatbelts in back)
front harnesses in a bag (with normal belts fitted)
Recaro front seats
no radio (although wiring fitted)
titanium back box
red or black wheels
r888's
GKN diff as fitted to all R26

[Edited on 27/9/16 by prawnabie]

Plunky

posted on 1/10/16 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Great cars! Good luck with the sale.
I used to have an r26 which was the Forge development car so had lots of decent little mods. Was running around 270bhp. Amazing handling with the LSD.
Would recommend!

phelpsa

posted on 2/10/16 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Deposit taken today. A bit sad to see it go, would definitely have another in the future.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.