New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cheap car if anyone is interested
swanny

posted on 27/9/16 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
cheap car if anyone is interested

hello all ,

Description
Description

my wife is buying a new car and we were going to p/ex the c-max but i just wondered if anyone on here would be interested for what the dealers have offered £650.

Good bits:

2007. Two owners: us and Motability before us.

Regularly serviced, a massive folder of receipts.

Recently had a full DPF removal, baking, ultrasonic cleaning so no more problems with that.

1.6 manual diesel, 62 mpg.

was our family car, been to france a few times with no problems, and all over the uk.

MOT'd till april 2017

Bad bits:

Scuffs on all four corners. One scratch on rear door after wife argued with front wall.

Car has had two injectors replaced as we had a smell in cabin. but wife in convinced it still smells. garage is convinced its fine but there is still a smell.

she'd had enough and just wants rid, so doesn't want to take it back to them.

Paul

[Edited on 27/9/16 by swanny]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 28/9/16 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
A work colleague has a C-Max and it seems a good car to me.

Good luck with the sale (or part-ex). Must admit when we last changed SWMBO's car the dealer offered a reasonable price for it and I was happy to let it go that way and avoid the grief of advertising and selling myself.

charliemouse

posted on 28/9/16 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,
What's the mileage please?
Has it had the cambelt?
Is it in Nottingham as per your profile? If so how far from m1 or a1 please?
Thanks
CM

swanny

posted on 28/9/16 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
hi there, it hasnt had the cambelt. i did look into this and the owners club state that ford recommend it by 125k so we havent had it done yet as ours has done 86,000 (sorry missed that off the ad)

i'm about ten minutes from the M1

Nick205 Its been really good for us and drives really nice. Just been down to birmingham in it today after having driven my volvo non stop for the past few months and had forgotten how easy and pleasant it is to drive, in comaparison the volvo is a bit hefty!

Paul

Mr Whippy

posted on 28/9/16 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm trying to sell our cmax and its a 04 model, it's lower miles but I'm surprised at how little you've been offered, I thought my price was reasonable but so far only been offered a grand for it am I over priced????

gumtree linky

Their ok cars and the fuel consumption amazing, not sure if it's just cos its a Ford!

Blasted cars just don't hold their value at all

[Edited on 28/9/16 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 28/9/16 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
i think the offer is so low because of the wifes habit of parking it like a dodgem!
there are scuffs on all the corners, pity its a good car underneath :-)

YODI

posted on 28/9/16 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, any more pics please?
swanny

posted on 29/9/16 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
will do, wife is out in all day today but will try and get some tomorrow

paul

Mr Whippy

posted on 29/9/16 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Just taken mine off the market now due just the fuel saving I'm making using it to work have decided to keep it for just that purpose. Even crossing Aberdeen I'm getting above 50mpg and spending just £13 a week on fuel, that's better than my 535cc motorbike managed

All I'd say is the diesel is definitely much more suited to longer runs than short hops as the wife was killing it doing those. Since I've been using it the engine is vastly happier and running sweet now

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.