Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help me understand please
TheHighlander123

posted on 30/9/16 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Help me understand please

As above,

I know this is a stupid question but I am asking it anyway.

Push/Pull gearchange system.

I am going to be fitting this kit to my car but I am curious to how it works with the way the engine is mounted if that makes sense as the gear selector is not running parallel with the cable as the engine is mounted the other way for fitment into a kit car and not the same way as a bike.

It takes a bit of pressure to change a bike gear and am wondering how this will work.

I have bought the adaptor which is a modified gear change lever with 3 holes drilled in it, assume i then fit a rod linkage to this and so on. (possibly)

If anyone can advise me that would be great.

And advise me where to buy a kit.

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

Andy B

posted on 30/9/16 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
The push pull cable will come from the paddles or stick - it consists of a 5mm or 6mm flexible inner and a hard outer with threaded adjusters for mounting. The best cables are teflon lined and I prefer 5mm. Each end has a guide and a solid steel rod which is attached t the inner cable. Each end of the inner is threaded to allow fitment of a rose joint or clevis, the cable is flexible enough to turn 90 degrees through a steady arc so you can fire it straight at the lecer. Mount the outer at the dash and engine end and connect the inner to the lever and the paddles or stick - job done
If you need help just give me a bell on 01449 736633 but I am away racing until Monday
Regards
Andy

CosKev3

posted on 30/9/16 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
As above,a cable can go around a bend!

If you use solid rods you will need a bell crank to alter the direction of the push/pull to move the end on bike engine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.