Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sick
TheHighlander123

posted on 30/9/16 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Sick

As above,

I never get ill/sick but I cam back from the Maldives 2 weeks ago Thursday, had a Chinese on the Saturday and fell ill Monday with what the hospital thought was appendicitis, they were all set to whip them out the next day and told me to be prepared for it and then my tests came back diagnosing me with Salmonella......

I was getting intense cramps/abdominal pain, spewing/shitting/cold sweats, felt like I was dying.

So I have been quarantined to my house for the passed 2 weeks until I am clear of the above for 48hrs, looks like I am cured as I have been ok for 36hrs so far.

Sitting in the house has been as boring as hell, I am not used to this as I am an active person, the worst I usually get is an injury playing rugby or something like that.

The positive side is I have been ordering bits for my bike conversion and prepping the garage for it.

Anyway long story short turns out the Chinese we had was a bad one, the doctors let environmental health know I have salmonella then they got in touch with me and "interviewed" me which was weird enough but everything they said is pointing towards the Chinese, apparently 2 other people have this locally and they have visited said chinese.

Anyway I am on the mend now and typing this out of boredom.......

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

Daf

posted on 30/9/16 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
You should have had an Italian!
nick205

posted on 30/9/16 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Unpleasant!

I had similar years ago in Mexico - sick as a dog for about a week. Ice in a street cafe was the most likely cause, just din't think about the risk at the time as I was thirsty. Sounds like you've managed to put the down time to good use and lucky they didn't take you down the appendicitis route either.

Hope you're better and getting active again - I'm well aware of how boring down time can be when you're not that type of person.

Grimsdale

posted on 30/9/16 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daf
You should have had an Italian!

Oh they're no better - in the last year or so i've been out to two different italians and vomited it all back up overnight. Not salmonella, but not great.

TheHighlander123

posted on 30/9/16 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
What makes it worse was I was after a dirty nasty kebab haha.

Glad it was nothing I picked up on holiday either.

Feeling a good bit better today, been fettling in the garage with the motorbike engine getting it cleaned up so when the end of season comes i'm a step ahead for the conversion.

Still got some bits to get

Prop
Gearchange cable kit
Clutch cable
Throttle cable
Engine mount/cradle

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

kingster996

posted on 30/9/16 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
I have had Salmonella before - it is seriously not nice! Took me two weeks to recover and my son who was 14 at the time was not right for 6 weeks.

Very, very nasty...

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

TheHighlander123

posted on 30/9/16 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Aye it's not nice that's for sure.

My wife hasn't got it luckily BUT my sister in law who was running me back and forward to hospital as the tablets I was on didn't allow me to drive, she has
it but it has passed in a week for her.

I am at the end of week 2 and beginning to feel human again.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.