Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK INDY Contact
TheHighlander123

posted on 7/10/16 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
MK INDY Contact

Hi Lads,

Wasn't sure where to put this, looking for some help.

12 days ago I ordered a ZX9 gear lever adapter and a ZX9 Sproket adapter from MK indy.

The gear lever arrived within a few days but no sign of the sprocket adapter.

I have called and spoke to someone who said I need to speak to Danny and he will call me, No phone call back after a few days so I call again and get Dannys number to told "the supplier said you should have it" I don't.

I have called Danny on Monday and left a VM to call me back, no word back then on Wed I called and the line just rings out. The lad who answers MKs landline can't help.

I was asking about purchasing a loom and engine cradle but was told Danny will call you.

Haven't heard a thing and is getting frustrating now, does anyone have another contact for them as I am needing this prop adapter to start my conversion.

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

SJ

posted on 7/10/16 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
I think unfortunately this is business as usual with MK.

Their reputation for service seems to be in decline and it wasn't great to start with.

TheHighlander123

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
As you wrote this someone also said to the same on a Facebook post I put up.

Pain in the arse, I've spent money and wanting to spend more with them but it's like they couldn't care.

Been told "the other supplier said you should of received it" is no use as I've not received it....

Westfield SEIW 1700 Forged crossflow, twin 40s etc etc etc - Now about to do a ZX9R

Toprivetguns

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Depending on how much money you have spent, It maybe worth a trip to MK to.....

A) Get your product or B) Get a refund.

Unfortunately many people seem to be in the same boat as you.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

TheHighlander123

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
It's only a £65 prop adapter.

Just a pain in the arse.

I was looking to spend a fair bit of cash with them but i wont bother.

SJ

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe a lucky escape then! Have a look at this:
quote:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/21/viewthread.php?tid=204563

TheHighlander123

posted on 7/10/16 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Well I have no spoken to Scottish Kit Car Centre.. They are about 160 miles from me but have agreed to take my engine to them tomorrow as they have a Westfield chassis there and will make my engine cradle, sort my loom and provide everything else.

I have tried MK again with no answer on both numbers.

Why do people not care about the customer now, especially when you are supplying kit cars and parts.....

Should of done my research just assumed a name like MK would be reputable for supplying parts.

I paid by credit card so that's not an issue.

Andy B

posted on 8/10/16 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
We have the adaptors On shelf at £40 plus vat and carriage - next day delivery if you are still struggling
Hope that helps - best regards Andy

TheHighlander123

posted on 12/10/16 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy B
We have the adaptors On shelf at £40 plus vat and carriage - next day delivery if you are still struggling
Hope that helps - best regards Andy

Thanks Andy but I want the one from these folk that I have paid for.

Still no word from MK, no answer on the phones or email.

Contacted Talon who told me it's been sent and it must be lost in the post, the other option they said was to buy one from them again......

No the answer I'm looking for, I don't get why they didn't send it recorded, for all i know it hasn't been sent and I just need to believe it was.

Pain in the bleeping arse.

In 2 weeks I will be down MKs way for work so either way I will get my money back even if I need to collect it in person :0

TheHighlander123

posted on 21/10/16 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Still no joy

I spoke to Danny who said he would get back to me and hasn't.

Called today and got the lad in the workshop who said he will get Danny to call me.... Which I doubt will happen.

I'll not be happy if I have to visit them. I'll be making them pay my travel if I do.

I don't like being ripped off.

nelmo

posted on 24/10/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Christ, I almost went down the MK route when I was researching kits in early 2015. I met the company at the Stoneleigh show that year and I was impressed but, thank God, I preferred the GBS and ordered that instead. Dodged a bullet there, by the sounds of it... (especially after reading that other thread)...

Build Blog

Banana

posted on 24/10/16 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheHighlander123
Still no joy

I spoke to Danny who said he would get back to me and hasn't.

Called today and got the lad in the workshop who said he will get Danny to call me.... Which I doubt will happen.

I'll not be happy if I have to visit them. I'll be making them pay my travel if I do.

I don't like being ripped off.

So they are still 'about'?!

I assumed they had packed up and buggered off by reading the posts on here. And the fact i never once got through on the phone.

I find it hard to understand why they don't give a shit. Surely there is good money to be made here.

Why not sell the company if he doesn't want to run it?

Crazy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.