Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pinto pointers
sprintB+

posted on 21/10/16 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
pinto pointers

fully rebuilt the Pinto 2.0 from a Capri S. It never had a carb or distributor. I have fitted a brand new dizzie with electronic ignition and a sports coil. Obtained a 32/36 Weber and stripped and rebuilt that. After initial teething troubles, I now have it running. Its pretty good. Starts and ticksover nice at 1000rpm. BUT. as soon as I start to drive it bogs down. I attempted to drive it around, it flies once over the massive flat spot. So the problem is, on take up it bogs down, blip it up the rev range and it goes well. Pull the choke and it still hesitates but feels like its flooding then. Tried all the usual tricks, got a good squirt of fuel from the accelerator pump. Advanced it, retarded it, cleaned just about everything. Checked for air leaks etc. Help???
Dingz

posted on 21/10/16 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Check the idle jets (what size are they?) and the drillings in the body are clear, its the idle circuit that controls the transition from idle to when the main jets start working.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.