Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone from the Birmingham Aera
Huttojb

posted on 7/11/16 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone from the Birmingham Aera

Hey all

Just wondered if anyone here is from the Birmingham region, my wife is bored listening to me about my Tiger.

Jason.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

tegwin

posted on 7/11/16 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I know a guy... but are you wanting someone to talk to you... or someone to entertain your wife for you

[Edited on 7/11/16 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Huttojb

posted on 7/11/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Lol

Didn't think about that!!! I think either could work!!

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

Daf

posted on 7/11/16 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'm from north Wales myself but down in Birmingham at least once a week with work. So, what does your wife look like then!!!!?
Huttojb

posted on 7/11/16 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Lol.

This is becoming abit worrying and exciting at the same time!!!

Just seeing who's in the region for advise, support, bouncing ideas off and meets. I'm sure I can help many people with my EPS, electronic and software experience and I'm sure other people could help me with their hardware and mechanical expertise.

Dad - where you work and what interesting work do you do?

Jason.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

Huttojb

posted on 7/11/16 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Lol.

This is becoming abit worrying and exciting at the same time!!!

Just seeing who's in the region for advise, support, bouncing ideas off and meets. I'm sure I can help many people with my EPS, electronic and software experience and I'm sure other people could help me with their hardware and mechanical expertise.

Dad - where you work and what interesting work do you do?

Jason.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

Daf

posted on 7/11/16 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a design engineer for my sins, interesting - no! I work in redditch and any excuse to break up the journey home is good! Where abouts in the b'ham area are you?

How far are you along with your build? I failed my IVA a couple of months ago and im just about ready to take it for a retest.

Huttojb

posted on 8/11/16 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
My side of Birmingham, I live in Harborne.

My Tiger is already registered, I brought it prebuilt because I'm not mechanically interested (I don't like doing engines or mechanics) my interest is electronic. I have for the last year rewiring my car, now this interest me!!

I'm in the proceeds of doing a post of where I was and where I am with my tiger because I have done something which I think is unique and never seen it on a kit car before.

Have you got any pictures of your car?

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

CosKev3

posted on 8/11/16 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Pics of the wife is a deal maker/ breaker

I travel through Brum with work most days only having to stop for a few minutes in New Street luckily!

[Edited on 8/11/16 by CosKev3]

nick205

posted on 8/11/16 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Never judge a book as they say!

I'm not sure Jason was looking for marital (or otherwise) help - a different forum might be in order if so.

Daf

posted on 8/11/16 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well if you ever need a hand with the oily bits I don't mind getting my hands dirty so let me know! Good idea buying one already built the registration process is a long drawn out procedure.

We should try and get a localish meet going sometime

andyace

posted on 8/11/16 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jason,

I am in the Northfield area, currently am building very slowly a GTS panther, it is a rolling chassis (wheels, steering etc) and I am just in the process of working out the electrics. I have a PWS loom and have managed to connect it into the sierra switchgear and my instruments. Haven't been brave enough to connect it up to a battery yet :-) Eventually I need to drop the Pinto in and then work out connecting the megajolt and zx9r carbs.

It's a slow process with life and work getting in the way, but may give you a shout if I get stuck in the electrics which I'm sure I will do

Andy

procomp

posted on 8/11/16 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I'm in Brum just down from spaghetti junction carpark. Doors always open and kettle on.
Usually got one or two interesting projects in the workshop.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Huttojb

posted on 8/11/16 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Nick205, I think the desperate requirement for a picture of my wife's says a thousands words..... maybe some of these people should register onto Tinder.

Daf, nice looking motor, you do know it's rear wheel drive and having the front wheels on a rolling road might not do anything for you!! Yeah, I'm not a mechanic so would never of built one myself, but have got better with my tinkering over the last few years. Thanks for the offer of help, and right back at you with electrics, electric steering, CANbus or software.

Andy, Your not the person who drives round in an orange Westfield are you. There is a person that lives off Hole Lane with a Westfield, I drove past a few times and seen it either on his drive or in the garage but never caught him on his drive to stop and have a chat. My mates keep waving at him thinking he is me!!

I used to live just off Bunbury Road and my daughter goes to St. Bridget's, so know Northfield well. We defiantly need to meet up, and yes, if you need any help with electrics give us a shout. Got most of the tools that could probably help.

Matt, nice to hear from you. Yes, hopefully now I know 2 or 3 local heads we can start bouncing off each other.

Jason.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

andyace

posted on 8/11/16 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
No the orange one isn't me, I have spotted it around but didn't realise it was from Hole lane. Mine has no engine and hasn't moved from the garage in a good few years :-)

I live on Norman road just off the Bunbury road, just opposite Hole lane.

Currently just trying to wire up the loom, have the switchgear and instruments wired up. Want to get the loom connected to try out a few things (lights etc.) ... a bit nervous about connecting it up to the battery .... Sure it will be fine!! Will def need some help when wiring up the megajolt and the engine spur.

Stu (theduck) is another local builder just round the corner.

nick205

posted on 9/11/16 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huttojb

Thanks Nick205, I think the desperate requirement for a picture of my wife's says a thousands words..... maybe some of these people should register onto Tinder.

Jason.

Indeed, there does seem to be an unhealthy desire for photographic representation of your good lady. I'd doubt she's wanting such imagery on this (or other) forums. After all (I thought) we came here for a shared love of cars

Dick Axtell

posted on 9/11/16 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Just caught sight of this post. I'm in the Kings Heath area (southside Birmingham). The change-over from Xflow to Zetec still needs finishing (as my Dearly Beloved keeps reminding me!!).

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Huttojb

posted on 12/11/16 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Andy.

I know Norman Road well, I lived on Overbury Road by the ally way into Norman Road.

If you need anyone to come and watch and potential laugh when you connect to battery, I'm sure I can make the time

Dick, thanks for getting involved, would also love to meet.

To all, seems like there is a fair few from the South Birmingham Region, we definitely need to use this community base for our cars, as meantioned beliw, if anyone needs help with electronics, EPS, CANbus etc.. drop us a U2U.

speak soon

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

AntonUK

posted on 14/11/16 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not too far away in Cannock but work in Kitts green

Build Photos Here

Huttojb

posted on 14/11/16 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AntonUK
I'm not too far away in Cannock but work in Kitts green

I know Kitts Green pretty well, I used to live in Stechford and go to Ridpool School.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.