Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any one now anything about Champagne ?
steve m

posted on 22/11/16 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Any one now anything about Champagne ?

And not the drinking of it !

I have several bottles of the disgusting stuff, some go back to 1990, now rumour is (from those that drunk it,) was that it had value in un opened state, especially if still in its original box/sleeve, as most of mine do,

so what to do with the bottles? and no, im not selling it on here, for some beer swiggiing moron to get pissed on

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

wylliezx9r

posted on 22/11/16 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

I have several bottles of the disgusting stuff, some go back to 1990, now rumour is (from those that drunk it,) was that it had value in un opened state, especially if still in its original box/sleeve, as most of mine do,

so what to do with the bottles? and no, im not selling it on here, for some beer swiggiing moron to get pissed on

steve

Champagne goes off/loses its fizz especially the cheap tesco stuff

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

BenB

posted on 22/11/16 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on the make , how it's been stored etc. Could be anything from thousands to drain juice.
mark chandler

posted on 22/11/16 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
If it's not from France it's not champagne!
twybrow

posted on 22/11/16 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Google it. If it is worth anything you will find references to it on the web. As above it depends upon many factors such as the vintage, the brand and the specific variety. Then add storage history, and condition etc. Worth doing some digging - we discovered a bottle of port in my mates collection was worth £16k!
joneh

posted on 23/11/16 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
Unless you have a cellar at the right temperature then it's worth nowt. It needs to be stored horizontal at constant temperature away from bright light. Ideally around 7-10 degrees.

It needs to be from the Champagne region in France to be Champagne. Else it's sparkling wine etc.

martylemoo

posted on 23/11/16 at 01:30 AM Reply With Quote
Send me clear pictures of the labels and I can give you the current auction values. But as said before storage and condition are vital to value.
LBMEFM

posted on 23/11/16 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
And not the drinkiing of

steve

On behalf of the beer swiggin morons on here we wouldn't want buy your stale French fizzy water much rather get pissed on fresh locally brewed real ale thanks, hopefully you can rip off some pretentious knob head or better still shove it where it belongs, down the drain .

[Edited on 23/11/16 by LBMEFM]

nick205

posted on 23/11/16 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
quote:

steve

Champagne goes off/loses its fizz especially the cheap tesco stuff

Yup, I can vouch for it going off over time. My now father-in-law bought us Champagne from France for our wedding in 2004. At the wedding it was very drinkable, but when I found an unopened bottle in the garage 10 years later it was a lot less pleasant and ended up down the drain.

Personally I'd start by Googling the brand and year for an idea and as said, pay attention to the way it's been stored. Failing that a decent wine shop should be able to offer some advice.

Toprivetguns

posted on 23/11/16 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Without a doubt the bottles need to be stored horizontal. If the cork has dried out, then air gains the chance to sneak in and ruin the contents inside.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.