Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TV Shows
LBMEFM

posted on 2/12/16 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
TV Shows

Sitting here watching Car SOS and enjoying watching shows like Wheeler Dealers and seeing cars refurbished, it's great to see mechchanics like Fuz Townsend, who I had a chat with at the NEC recently and comes across as a genuine guy, and Ed China, again saw at the NEC, rebuild classic cars to there former glory and it is great. I know it's entertainment T.V . and not as it seems but why do they pair them up with imbeciles such as Mike Brewer and Tim Shaw.

posted on 2/12/16 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
To make your Black Lab look passive and obedient you need someone walking along behind with a yappy Jack Russell.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/12/16 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Showing my age here, but Shed and Buried is about the only TV show that I retain an interest in.
His motorcycle trips are good too, essentially because, yes, I've done most of them a long time ago. Tearful sometimes.

LBMEFM

posted on 2/12/16 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Totally agree with you, great progam and two likeable guys

[Edited on 2/12/16 by LBMEFM]

britishtrident

posted on 2/12/16 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
"Highway Thru Hell" which about a firm doing heavy truck recover in the snowy north of Canada on Netflix is addictive.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

theduck

posted on 2/12/16 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Tim shaw is an idiot, how he is still working in the entertainment industry is beyond me.

Mike brewer on the other hand is a top bloke stuck playing the role of a wide boy car dealer.

David Jenkins

posted on 2/12/16 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Shed and Buried is one of my favourites - Henry Cole is, in real life, an immensely clever bloke but who comes across as one of the lads - a bit of a hippie, a bit of a clown. When you look closer he's the producer of most of his shows, an ex-TV cameraman in war zones, etc.

I reckon the travel channel wouldn't survive without him! (But he probably owns half the channel...)

chillis

posted on 2/12/16 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Mike brewer 'playing the role' of wide boy dodgy car dealer - he doesn't play at he is

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

theduck

posted on 3/12/16 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
He seemed OK to me when I met him, certainly no where near as annoying as he is on wheeler dealers.
LBMEFM

posted on 3/12/16 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Funny you should say that "the duck" he appeared reasonable at the NEC too so why act a pratt for the tele. Good job the TV program makes him money though, many cars he buys for Wheeler Dealers make a few hundred quid profit yet take into no account the labour costs and facilities that Ed China provides.
JMW

posted on 3/12/16 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
He seemed OK to me when I met him, certainly no where near as annoying as he is on wheeler dealers.

Clarkson was like that as well in my (limited) experience. I was in the audience of a TG show many years ago, when the cameras stopped rolling he just chatted to us like a normal guy, but changed back into his bombastic persona when they started again.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.