Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Call blocker
hearbear

posted on 15/12/16 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Call blocker

I have my parents getting multiple cold calls a day and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good call blocker. It would need to be a plug in one not a phone as mum is registered blind so needs one with the large buttons and dad is starting to show signs of dementia and is starting to forget how to do things so simple would be best.

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

britishtrident

posted on 15/12/16 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
The Call Saint loads on Amazon or you can get it from Argos alternatively buy wireless handsets with call blocking built in.
There is wrong info in an Amazon listing-----
Call Saint works great on BT or PlusNet but needs caller ID

[Edited on 15/12/16 by britishtrident]

[Edited on 15/12/16 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 15/12/16 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've posted on here asking the same question, some time ago.

I've ended up with the Maplin CPR. Am I happy with it? yes, very!

It's not for everybody. Recommendation on here from others was that they wanted a recording device (which this is not), others were concerned that that wanted to hear the 'withheld' stuff (apparently GP's use this anonymity, but I can't confirm that statement).
I wanted none of these 'features', I simply wanted to stop all 'withheld', 'unavailable' and programmable numbers. I didn't want the phone to ring, I didn't want to save any messages, I just wanted all the crap to stop. This device does what I want.

pekwah1

posted on 15/12/16 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
You should definitely use TPS (Telephone Preference Service)
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

It's a free UK run service and basically any company that cold calls in the UK has to adhere to this list.

I registered as i had loads of calls on my mobile all the time, took about a month and i barely get any nowadays.

JeffHs

posted on 15/12/16 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
TPS is a good idea in theory but it doesn't stop anything from abroad so Malcolm from Mumbai is always trying to take over my PC and his mate's are always asking me to fill out surveys (don't do that by the way because it implies you're happy to be bombarded by calls from everyone on their list). Oven cleaners, double glazing pests etc etc are equally undeterred, oh not to forget PPI Green energy 'government' reps and ambulance chasers

[Edited on 15/12/16 by JeffHs]

pekwah1

posted on 15/12/16 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Well all i'm saying is i registered and i barely get any nuisance calls any more...
At the end of the day it's free, and might work so probably worth a go, doesn't take very long either.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 15/12/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Well all i'm saying is i registered and i barely get any nuisance calls any more...
At the end of the day it's free, and might work so probably worth a go, doesn't take very long either.

I just did the TPS, took less than 5mins.

hearbear

posted on 15/12/16 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info will have a look.

I have found the TPS a waste of time we were getting up to 6 calls a day until we got the bt call blocker phone and that stopped every call.

If I was to use one of these phones at the master socket would this block all the calls and allow my mum who is registered blind to still use her wired to an extension large button phone?

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

geoff shep

posted on 16/12/16 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
This seems to get good reviews, and has a large block button https://www.cprcallblocker.com

[Edited on 16/12/16 by geoff shep]

David Jenkins

posted on 16/12/16 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by geoff shep
This seems to get good reviews, and has a large block button https://www.cprcallblocker.com

[Edited on 16/12/16 by geoff shep]

I've got an early one of those - like the silver one in the middle. Blocked most things, apart from "number withheld", but I'm sure they've sorted that by now (mine's at least 6 or 7 years old, possibly older).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.