Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone put a Cat C back on the road recently?
BigFaceDave

posted on 19/12/16 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone put a Cat C back on the road recently?

I've been searching the internet all evening and I can't find a definite answer!

I've just picked up a new tin top that's a cat c, I know the VIC test has now be abolished but I'm sure I heard somewhere that the car will need to be re mot'd before going back on the road but a few websites are saying the original mot is still valid and I don't need to put a new one on it to put it back in the road. I've checked the dvla website and it's still showing up as mot'd but I can't find any confirmation anywhere if this is the case or not! Any one gone through this process recently?

Toprivetguns

posted on 20/12/16 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
I believe you just Re-mot as this clarifies the VIN etc.

[Edited on 20/12/16 by Toprivetguns]

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

ch1ef

posted on 20/12/16 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
When I looked into it, you must re-MOT the car after a CAT C marker. I expect you can get away without doing another MOT, just like you can let an MOT lapse and drive for ages with no problem (unless you get caught)! I had 2 old cars which I bought, both a CAT C with current MOT and the past owners never had a VIC check on them but no one seemed bothered and apparently cared when I tried to resolve it. But I would MOT it for the sake of £30!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.