frankycopp

posted on 28/12/16 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
tvr

Hello
Am after a tvr chimaera if anyone knows of anything please let me know
Many thanks

pewe

posted on 28/12/16 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
If you haven't already looked there's a whole section incl. local owners on Pistoheads.
I've often toyed with the idea of something V8 incl. TVR's but they do have questionable reliabilty.
Met some owners at the Chunnel on the way back from hols this year.
They'd just completed a 2k mile round Europe trip.
I enquired if they'd encountered any problems and was met with a resounding "No".
We left Folkestone sometime after them.
It was ironical that 20 miles up the M20 there they were on the hard-shoulder, gathered around one of their cars with the bonnet up......
You pays your money etc. etc.
Cheers, Pewe10

PAUL FISHER

posted on 28/12/16 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Chimaera 500 a few years ago, great car, a real experience to drive, and sounded great, a real drivers car, quicker in a straight line than my Indy fireblade.
Only thing to look for is chassis condition, out riggers etc and ensure the engine is good, no camshaft rattles, the rest you can replace and upgrade cheap and easy.
Prices are only going one way and thats up, look for FSH and no previous accident damage and you cant go wrong.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 28/12/16 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
And the noise, this is me at Santa Pod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbWDboE_yAA

alfas

posted on 28/12/16 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
those cars arent too bad as often heard.

the problems are often the owners: if they havent put enough attention into maintenance or upgrades the cars will suffer from that.

and those chassis always corrode!! dont rely on "regulary waxoyled"..its a nice and common way to hide the problems.
with a car in regular use under "british" conditions (muddy roads, lots of rain, seaside costs never too far away) a total chassis refurb can be considered already after 6years from new. this said there are plenty of cars older than that...but if you really watch behind the scenes you will find hidden corrosion which could be solved only by body-off...or another layer of waxoyl.

also dont rely on "outtriggers have been already replaced"...there are different ways to replace them: the proper way or botch.

CosKev3

posted on 29/12/16 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
There is a TVR Tasmin 280i hard top sat in a yard on the side of the railway that's been there at least 10 years that I know of,dread to think what the chassis is like on that poor old car

Only TVR experience I've had was driving my bruv in laws Cerbera and it burst into flames,was totally burnt out by time the fire engine got to us

gingerprince

posted on 29/12/16 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I ran a Griffith 500 as a daily drive for 2 years around 2005-2006. Cost a bit to keep going but never left me stranded. Sold it due to baby on way and needed 4 seats (turns out I didn't because we used the Mrs's car 99% of the time anyway). Gutted I sold it now, it went for 12K at the time, and they seem to start at 25K today...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.