Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what documents to import from UK to EU
xico_ze54

posted on 30/12/16 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
what documents to import from UK to EU

hi there

I'm thinking in buy a motorcycle frame with V5 and plate from UK.

In here specialized offices tell me that besides the V5 document, is needed a document of proof of sale. what is that document? has it a name? the eventual seller tells that he would sign the V5 with all the data of both seller and buyer. is that possible and sufficient?

here in Portugal, and in France too I know it, there is one document for the vehicle and proprietary and when there is a sale it has another specific document for the transaction or passage of ownner.

could anyone clearify me?

thanks in advance.
Amadeu

[Edited on 30/12/16 by xico_ze54]

http://www.viseudesign.com/Sevenesque-36.htm

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 30/12/16 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
just ask them to type out a receipt saying that you purchased the vehicle on said date for set price and both sign it. that's all you should need along with the v5. on the v5 there is a section that the previous owner needs to send away to the uk dvla to inform them the vehicle was permanently exported out of the country. my friend panos paid his way through university buying uk bikes riding them home to Grease and selling them for a good profit.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

on_eighty_runner

posted on 30/12/16 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I gave my address in Ireland to the seller and we filled in the transfer of ownership on the v5c
I took a photo with my phone and sent it onto
The dvla to get a "Certificate of Permanent Export" which was posted to me in Ireland within 3 weeks.

Here I
1. Needed a handwritten receipt with a date of sale and the number plate on it.
2. Ferry tickets with the registration number on it to prove when it arrived in the country. (We get fined if not registered within 1 month)
3. Paid the ~€1,000 to register it
4. bought my number plated.

A colleague recently transferred a car from Ireland to Portugal, if you get stuck I can ask specifics.

xico_ze54

posted on 30/12/16 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

A colleague recently transferred a car from Ireland to Portugal, if you get stuck I can ask specifics...

that's what I want. that case can be similar to mine. please ask specifics for me. many thanks.

I know things here in Portugal with importation of vehicles are not same as importations to UK, or UK-UK.

regds

http://www.viseudesign.com/Sevenesque-36.htm

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
on_eighty_runner

posted on 6/1/17 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there, details of the process from someone who has been through it in the last few months. It does seem quite involved!

NCT is the National Car Test (in Ireland)
much much more complicated than it was from UK to Ireland!

Sequence

I don´t know about components. I know that the first step is comparable to an NCT.
The steps in Portugal are:

1) Inspection in a specialized center (like NCT) – B type inspection that is more complete (for example in my car, I had to take out all the engine bottom and top protections and all the under car body protection plastics
2) Go to IMT – institute of transports – to find the car “authorization number” – that is a number that the brand gets when registering the model for sale in Portugal – you need the car/bike COC (Certificate of Conformity).
3) Go to customs to calculate and pay import tax (after 1 week you get a license number in a document called DAV and the car/bike can circulate in Portugal)
4) Return to IMT and give them all documentation
5) Go to Portuguese car/bike registration and proceed to the final car registration to be able to pay circulation taxes and get the registration book under your name

Documentation I only needed the original car registration, an invoice for the car, the Ferry ticket to confirm car is in Portugal and the COC (Certificate of Conformity).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.