Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Confused about BEC TRT advise
Toprivetguns

posted on 4/1/17 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Confused about BEC TRT advise

Evening,

I've recently stripped the engine and prop from the car for some well deserved winter mods. I'm planning to have a TRT made, however the company I asked said anything with a sequential gearbox will eventually chew the TRT to pieces. Now I explained I've seen many BEC powered cars with TRTs and never heard of this issue. I said maybe CEC this was a possibility? They were pretty confident, hence I left slightly bewildered and none the wiser. Surely the torque isn't that powerful ?

I've browsed every single post for the past few hours and found nothing but good feedback about TRTs.

Any advice is always appreciated.

Cheers

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

r1_pete

posted on 4/1/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I guess it depends if your prop is long enough, IIRC 600mm is the recommended minimum tube rubber tube 'bit'.

Bailey Morris should be able to set you straight.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 4/1/17 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
First time I've heard that. Mines been in for 30,000+ miles without issue. Which firm was it? Bailey Morris and Dunning&Fairbank seem happy to do TRT shafts for BECs.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

CosKev3

posted on 4/1/17 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted one to mine last winter,can't really say it's worth the extra money unless of course it does stop damage to the gearbox?

As the noises selecting gears/on the over run/when you go on and off throttle are not reduced by much tbh.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.