Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS. Genesis cyclo-cross bike
sdh2903

posted on 7/3/17 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
FS. Genesis cyclo-cross bike

I'm looking to sell on my 2014 (I think) genesis croix de fer cyclo-cross bike. This was my second forray into drop bar bike ownership as I bought it to do a tour with a few mates from York to London however I've never really clicked with drop bars and find myself always using my old flat bar hybrid. So decided to flog this and get a new fancy hybrid through work. Shame as it's a beautifully made bike.

The bike itself has probably only covered 500 miles. There are a few small marks here and there but on the whole it's like a brand new bike.

I've added black gatorskin grip tape. Scwalbe marathon tyres (I've never had a puncture using these over several bikes and thousands of miles) sks mudguards.

As standard has Reynolds 725 chrome-moly steel frame. 20 speed tiagra gearset. Hayes cx expert mechanical disc brakes. Frame is either a 58 or 61cm (so an XL) I can't remember and will need to measure.

I will be removing the other accessories and possibly the Brooks saddle and refitting the standard brand new seat.

Hard to judge prices really. It was £1150 new. Open to offers maybe around 500. But if I'm way off the mark I'm open to offers. I will get the thing cleaned up and some better pics taken in the next few days.

Gen bike
Gen bike

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 7/3/17 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
GLWTS

I have the same bike myself and love it. Superbly made and a great ride - I got mine to do a ride to Paris in 2014 (40th birthday effort).

I've also used it to commute to work and back. Still an hours each way, but a damned sight faster than an MTB

[Edited on 8/3/17 by nick205]

motivforz

posted on 9/3/17 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Another note to say I've got 2 genesis bikes, which are excellently built. Good luck with the sale, you've pitched it about right. I'd have it off you if it were a tour de fer!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.