Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First run! :-)
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 16/3/17 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
First run! :-)

First run out of the year this morning - only a short sighter of about 10 miles or so to check everything is working as it should before planinng some longer runs.

Lovely sunny morning, and I was pleased everything seemed on point apart from the need for a new battery.

Anyone else enjoying the weather?

SJ

posted on 16/3/17 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Lovely looking car - I'm sure I saw it parked up in Twickenham a few years ago! If not the same it was very similar - same colour, wheels, and a T reg.

Stu

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 16/3/17 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Lovely looking car - I'm sure I saw it parked up in Twickenham a few years ago! If not the same it was very similar - same colour, wheels, and a T reg.

Stu

If you did, it wasnt with me in it thanks for the compliment, cant take any credit for the build though....

David Jenkins

posted on 16/3/17 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Had my first run of the year today - bit late in the year as I usually drive throughout the winter, but this year the roads have been so wet and mucky that I couldn't be bothered. The only down-side was that all the roads seem to be populated by s-l-o-w drivers. I wasn't out to speed everywhere, but I would have liked to have been somewhere near to the legal limit. I had a learner doing 30 or less in a 60 area, followed by a tanker doing 40-ish and slowing for every possible reason, and various other examples of dismal driving. I am no nutter on the road - in fact, I'm quite a laid-back, cool and collected driver - but I do get riled when people drive without consideration for others on the road.

I always dread the first nice days in Spring - you can be sure that all the oldies will be out of hibernation for their first drive of the year, probably moaning that driving isn't the same since they took the man away with his red flag...

</end rant>

David Jenkins

posted on 17/3/17 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
... and relax!

I had another run this morning. It's amazing how different the weather was this morning - as sunny as yesterday, but bl**dy cold! Yesterday I was wearing light gloves and my hands were nice and snug, but today I wore the same gloves and my hands were freezing after just a mile or so. Glad I was only going out to book my MOT at a local garage, rather than going for a long run.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.