Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First drive of the year
ian996

posted on 7/4/17 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
First drive of the year

After 5 months away and the Westfield sat in bits in the garage, i finally got the gearbox in and out for a drive. New drop gear fitted to make best use of ratios and fully repaired after my mis-shift in October.

Wow! How I've missed it!

What utter savage performance, can't wait to get it on track this year. Going to go for some longer trumpets next, but to be honest it's fast enough, makes my GTR feel slow and that's 620hp. The people i take out in either get out the westy giggling and it's the westy they want to get back in.

Bring on the summer!

Adamirish

posted on 12/4/17 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote

I took mine out for the first time this year last weekend. Went for breakfast with a mate.

It just didn't feel right, felt like the rear of the car was all over the place so took it steady coming home. Jacked it up to find the lower rear wishbone bolt(the long one) had somehow come loose. No wonder it was a bit wild!

Tightened it up but haven't had chance to take it out again yet but boy have I missed it!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.