Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: V55/4 or V55/5?
Joshy

posted on 14/4/17 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
V55/4 or V55/5?

I'm having a slight headache trying to work out which form to use (I've been sent both).

My chassis is built-from-scratch and has been issued a new VIN by the DVLA
The engine is from a Ford Mondeo 1993 (so, used...)
All the running gear is from various different Ford Sierras, acquired from breakers yards (cash, no receipts or knowledge of original car reg numbers)
Various new components on the car also (shocks, grp body panels, mirrors etc).

My initial thoughts are that this is a NEW car, seeing as it has a shinny brand-new VIN?

My Individual Approval Certificate however states 'USED' in the 'Date of first registration' box.

Please help, I am very confused (and very keen to get this in the post first thing tomorrow morning!).

I'm tempted to fill out both the V55/4 and V55/5 forms, and explain the above in my cover letter.

Thanks!
Josh

adithorp

posted on 14/4/17 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I forget which form is which but...

You can only get a new plate if all your (major) parts are new (except one that must be reconditioned to as new) You need receipts to show they're new. You'll get the latest reg. Fail to meet the requirements you'll get a Q.

To get an age related reg you must use enough parts from one donor and you need the documents/vin plate from the donor. The reg will be the same year as the donor. Fail to meet the requirements you'll get a Q.

It sounds like a Q is what you'll get whichever form you use.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Joshy

posted on 14/4/17 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. I came to the conclusion that I should fill out the V55/5 form in the end. The final tip-off was a sentence towards the end of the 'guide to filling out the V55/4' which (effectively) reads:

"If you cannot provide proof of the age of the vehicle you will need to fill in a V55/5. Your vehicle will be registered as used and we will issue a "Q" registration number."

adithorp

posted on 15/4/17 at 05:08 AM Reply With Quote
On the plus side with a Q, at future MOT's you only have to meet the no visable smoke emmision test. Get the form posted and you might even make Stoneleigh show.... Unlikely but you never know.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.