Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bottom dash area & exemption?
furryeggs

posted on 21/4/17 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bottom dash area & exemption?

This is my dash, From the passenger side of the dash to the steering wheel I have a19mm radius, but the other side of the steering wheel has a cut out for the ignition which doesn't have a 19mm radius. This area does fall under the exemption area measured from the steering wheel so does it need a 19mm radius as well?
I'm about to drill and mount the dash but would rather be sure before fixing it in place, if it needs modifying I'd rather do it now.

[img][/img]

Thanks guys

pekwah1

posted on 21/4/17 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I would just stick some edging strip over the part without a return, seems to be the simplest solution if you are in any doubt.
loggyboy

posted on 21/4/17 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
The instrument panel lower edge within the “specified zone” must have a radius of curvature not less than 19mm or 5mm and be covered with a non-rigid material, except where an adaptation for a disabled person makes it impossible to comply. (see Notes 6 and 7)

and the area to the right of the wheel to the door in exepmted from the specified zone:

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.