Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage Alarm suggestions
Mikef

posted on 30/4/17 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Garage Alarm suggestions

Morning all .

Had a few local break ins recently, thinking of putting an alarm on my garage. Not a huge amount of kit but even a few tools add up. Does any one have any practical experience / suggestion of what to use. Ideally I was hoping to link something to my phone ( wi fi ).

Schrodinger

posted on 30/4/17 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Is your garage attached to the house? if not how far is it from the house, presumably it has mains power?

Keith
Aviemore

Mikef

posted on 30/4/17 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Not attached to house. Close to house, yes mains and WiFi.
mark chandler

posted on 30/4/17 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have a couple of Sonoff smart switches which control my outside lights, I believe you can set it up so if someone turns something on, goes over tempreture etc it can trigger an event so with a bit of thought for under £10 you should be able to set something up that sends a mail to your phone of starts bells ringing.
spiderman

posted on 30/4/17 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
One of these

[Edited on 30/4/17 by spiderman]

Spider

SteveWalker

posted on 30/4/17 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know about your situation, but I recently fitted a Yale wireless house alarm, just covering my garage and shed, which are side by side.

I originally meant to extend the wired house alarm, but then thought that switching zones in and out, etc. and having to come into the house to do it was a pain. I also thought that having a sounder at the front of the house and the shed and garage at the bottom of the garden wasn't ideal.

The alarm I fitted has a simple keyfob, like a house alarm and in my situation was ideal, as we've got three children and it is simple for them to disarm and rearm it when they want their bikes out of the shed.

Mikef

posted on 1/5/17 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve, can I ask what make you fitted ?
bi22le

posted on 1/5/17 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
My garage has a wireless PIR that is linked to my house. The door is so noisey that I doubt anyone would hang around long if it was opened when we were home.

I also have a monitor home HD camera in the house. This is a nice bit of kit.the hardware itself is a little unsecure but it providdes video and sound recording that uploads to a free cloud storage service. It also alerts your phone when motion is detected.

Expluding a siren the camera could do what you want.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.