Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dizzy, setting static timing and how it works
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/5/17 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
dizzy, setting static timing and how it works

Hi, got this off a friend and it's old but unused. Came with a normal looking coil but nothing else. Not sure how to set the static timing on it, did try a multi meter on 200 ohms but nothing seems to change when I turn the engine. Not sure how this one works. Don't think it came with an black box, just has a black and red wire coming out. Any ideas? no make on the side.

Thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/5/17 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
it's ok have found a great site that goes into a lot of detail

cheers anyway

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 8/5/17 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
The corners of the square metal box under the rotor arm are the triggers for the black plastic Hall sensor to read.
Set engine to TDC then rotor arm to cylinder 1 with dizzy turn so that trigger part of metal block is centre of black sensor.
This is a basic setup and you can twist the dizzy to change where the sensor is is in relation to TDC
The rest of the timing is done by the electronics of the dizzy if it has them built in like the Acuspark does

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/17 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
The corners of the square metal box under the rotor arm are the triggers for the black plastic Hall sensor to read.
Set engine to TDC then rotor arm to cylinder 1 with dizzy turn so that trigger part of metal block is centre of black sensor.
This is a basic setup and you can twist the dizzy to change where the sensor is is in relation to TDC
The rest of the timing is done by the electronics of the dizzy if it has them built in like the Acuspark does

Cheers, I've not taken the thing apart so maybe there is more electronics inside that I first thought, I did wonder why it needed no separate control box...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.