Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit Car Friendly MOT Tester Nottingham
SteveWallace

posted on 14/5/17 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Kit Car Friendly MOT Tester Nottingham

Don't know where the time has gone. According to my V5 my Viento was first registered nearly 3 years ago. I assume that this means that I will need to get an MOT by the third anniversary. Are there any recommended testers in the NG16 area?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not after a dodgy test, I just want someone who is familiar with kit cars and who will let me be present whilst the car is being tested.

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

asn163

posted on 14/5/17 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Don't. know where in Notts. you are, but I go here:

Jacksdale MOT Centre
Protune Vehicle Diagnostics. Services, MOT's & Repairs.

Unit 6 Pye Hill Rd, Nottingham NG16 5LR Nottinghamshire

Tel: 01773 540382

RichN

posted on 14/5/17 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Potentially too far away, but I use Chilwell MOT. They've been very good with my Sylva RIOT. They were also good when I had a Series2 Land Rover.

Chetwynd Rd, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 5GE
Phone: 0115 943 6777

[Edited on 14/5/17 by RichN]

redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 14/5/17 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I always take our historic and moderns to Elmtree Garage, Rawson Street, New Basford, 0115 9781008.....
SJ

posted on 14/5/17 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if I've just been lucky but mine has always just been taken to the local garage, as opposed to any that are kit car friendly. Did this where we used to live and since we moved and never had any MOT issues other than when stuff properly needs fixing.

I always fear emmissions related problems as I have ZX6R carbs on a Zetec but it has never been an issue.

Stu

SteveWallace

posted on 16/5/17 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I live in Eastwood so they are all within reasonable distance and an excuse for a run out unless its raining (no windscreen or weather gear). I'll start calling them and select on the basis of availability.

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

SteveWallace

posted on 23/5/17 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Went to the one in Jacksdale this morning and the car got though ok, but with a couple of advisories that I'll need to sort out before next time (just within limits for handbrake left/right balance; and, one of the rear off-side bushes has a slight bit of play in it). Both should be easy fixes. The headlight alignment was a bit out, but we adjusted them at the end of the test

The tester was very fair and did a thorough job, which is what you want as its mostly a safety test. Added advantage was that I made a good car painting contact in the next unit along.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.