Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: VVTPro load function.
Dusty

posted on 14/5/17 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
VVTPro load function.

I have an ST170 engine in my RobinHood for the last four years.
With my Omex 600 ECU only Off/On operation was available. (cam timing wrong all the time).
After a couple of years I changed to running a fixed inlet cam (cam timing about right some of the time).
For some time I aspired to getting the VVT function working and this year bought a VVTPro and refitted the VVT cam mechanism. It comes loaded with a 2D map table (cam timing right even more of the time).
It advertises the facility of a 3D map factoring in load from TPS. However I have had two units from Triggerwheels who now sell the unit (Matt at Motorsports Electronics no longer officially support VVTPro) and I cannot get it to save TPS calibration. It seems to calibrate the TPS Min and Max figures which appear in the software screen but they get lost when I disconnect the laptop. Next time I connect they have reverted to 2D and TPS disabled. Strangely, changes to the 2D map are saved just fine so I know the laptop is communicating with the unit.

Finally the question! Anyone on LB who is using a VVTPro and has got it to save and use the TPS function? Triggerwheels have been great exchanged the unit but they can't get it to save TPS. ME have been partially helpful, say it should work but can't remember the software instros. On disc instructions are advertising and fitting. Please, anyone know how to work the thing?

[Edited on 14/5/17 by Dusty]

cliftyhanger

posted on 15/5/17 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Recently fitted an ME221 on an st170.

With that, you seem to need to cycle the ignition to get it to save many of the settings.

Or, try the rwd Zetec world fb page, once you have worked out 60% of users are clueless, you find there are somevery helpful people. And the VVT pro seems a popular bit of kit.

Dusty

posted on 15/5/17 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Will try cycling the ignition although I think I have already tried that. U2U answered.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.