Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA and registration, current waiting times
ste

posted on 25/5/17 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
IVA and registration, current waiting times

So, people who have recently IVAd their cars, what is the current wait from first application, to getting a test date. Then getting all the paperwork sorted for registration.

I ask because I don't want to apply too soon before i'm finished if it's a big wait and conversely, don't want to wait until i'm finished, then have to wait ages after that for the test

Cheers

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/17 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on the test centre.

I submitted mine online. 4 days later it was accepted and I called for a date. Earliest date was 3 weeks away. Took it, passed. Registration was 2 weeks from submitting to receiving the registration number.

This was livingston.

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/17 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
You can choose whatever date you want. So if your 6 weeks away ish from finishing you can book one for 6- 8 weeks away. If it all goes Pete tong you can change the appointment up until a few days before.

Just a tip. You have to order the v55 registration form as it gets posted to you and it can take up a couple of weeks. Get one ordered then you have it ready to go.

ianhurley20

posted on 25/5/17 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Norwich area - My application for IVA was about 2 weeks then another 2 for IVA appointment time and 11 days till it was registered on the road.

tims31

posted on 26/5/17 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
IVA Paperwork submitted in early April, accepted end of April, Earliest test date in Norwich was 16th June.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

tims31

posted on 26/5/17 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

Just a tip. You have to order the v55 registration form as it gets posted to you and it can take up a couple of weeks. Get one ordered then you have it ready to go.

Didn't know this, thanks for that ordered mine now.

Question is do you fill out a v55/4 or v55/5 for a kit that is using donor parts. It says v55/5 for a newly built kit but I assume that is if you are registering with all new parts and the v55/4 is for getting an age related plate.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.