Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger Avon rear suspension
Barksavon

posted on 29/5/17 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon rear suspension

Any advice welcome.
I've put new tyre's on my Avon which are a bit wider than previous and I'm a bit concerned they will foul on the rear arches when I take it on a track day soon.(car is not road legal at present)
I've wound up the collars on the struts so the springs are compressed to 215mm and I've turned the adjuster knob on the damper struts as far as it will go in the + direction. I've not sat in it to check the gap between tyre and arch yet (plus there will be driver and passenger on board most but not all the time) and sitting in the stationary car is obviously gonna be different to taking corner's at speed.
I've no idea whether what I've done is correct, I know corner weighting is probably the best option but any advice on a basically good set up would be great.
Thanks
Ian

neilp1

posted on 30/5/17 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
What size wheels and tyres do you have?

Ive got 13" pro race 1.2 with 205 tyres on the rear offset ET35 and I had to cut a few mm off the inside of the drives rear arch. I know others who have made their rear arches wider.

Barksavon

posted on 31/5/17 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Wheels are 15" with 195/50/15 tyres, offset is e38
Thanks
Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.