Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Only some of this is locost...
Theshed

posted on 16/6/17 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Only some of this is locost...

Hi I need a clear out. I have stuck this add elsewhere where I might attract attention for these engines they are in fairness not very locost ...but if anybody fancies taking off they are not heavier than a Pinto. At the bottom of this very long add are some bits that anybody racing might be interested in. Let me know.

Engines

I need to reduce the pile of bits I have accumulated to a more sensible size.

I have been collecting parts and whole engines for my own car. The engines are all based on the Aurora IRL engine that was used in the Indycars between 1998 and 2001. They were also used in the Caddilac LMP car (with turbos) and the Opel DTM car. They are not a production engine and are designed to be fully stressed. Originally designed to run on methanol and produce 750HP on a rev limit of 10500. They evolved from a 90 degree 4.0L to a 180 degree 3.5L engine. In Europe there are several hill climbers using them in single seaters and in Austria a BMW. They have been used in the BOSS series and other stuff.

I had bought one engine builders entire stock and found that I had vast quantities of new parts. Slight problem that I had huge quantities of some parts and none of others. I have just rectified that by buying another builders entire stock….a container load – that is now on its way to me. That gives me about 10 engines or so. I need 1 and some spares. It is time to downsize before I have to explain to the other half why there is a lorry driver outside the house….again.

So if anybody wants a proper race engine these would be a good deal. I would be looking to cover my costs really. What I will have includes 2 of the later Chevy Series 2 engines, I complete but lightly dismantled 3.5 Aurora engine. I then have 8 other blocks including 3 new ones. Many new cranks rods pistons etc. Or I could do a kit of parts made up of either new (I now have a complete set of new bits) mainly new or distinctly used parts at the buyers election. Prices negotiable but around £7,500 is the mid point of these choices.

So I can afford the shipping without breaking the bank I need to get shot of other stuff…

Electronics

Basically new Motec M800 (dyno only) lots of expensive unlocks duel lambda cam control etc

Motec Can/USB thing UTC

Unterminated wiring loom for the above and/or professionally made Tefzel unterminated loom

If sold together £2400 or sensible near offer

I have loads of 22awg Deutsch connectors that I acquired after Caterham F1 teams demise. I have loads I will not use. I also have lots of new pins. Most are nice and clean some have scratches (if that bothers you) and a bit of remaining glue. They are mainly plugs. Too many to list but if you are looking for something let me know. I would be looking for about £12 for a AS 16 size bare connector.

I have a surplus of DMC crimp tools and turrets for the AS connectors with 20/16/12 AWG terminals. Mainly ex MOD and new but badly stored. About £100 for tool plus turret?

I also have miles of Tefzel 22 awg cable. Most is type 44 some type 55.

I have a pile of Bosche wide band lambda sensors fitted with Deutsch connectors. Untested but IRL used and kept for spares so almost certainly working - £25 each?

I have Pi rotary sensors with Deutsch connectors - £40?

I have a pile of miniature temperature sensors again with Deutsch connectors.

Kulite pressure sensors – need to keep some of these and have not worked out the pressure ranges that are ETM sensors – seriously expensive new – offers.

Add to this a large stock of spherical bearings. Certainly got a surplus of 1” outer ½” inner bearings with a stake groove. Aircraft stocks all in bags. Some large stainless NMB rod ends which are too big for me ever to use. Offers?

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ian.stewart

posted on 16/6/17 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have any 3pin deutsch connectors, male and female?

Something different, Very different..............

Theshed

posted on 16/6/17 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
The tiny AS ones? Yes I do.
ian.stewart

posted on 18/6/17 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ill check tomorrow night after work what the numbers I need are,

dmrider_10

posted on 20/6/17 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi any P/Ns for the lambda sensors? or know what tehy were used with etc?

Thanks

Theshed

posted on 20/6/17 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi they are Bosch LSU 4.9 sensors. The part number is 0 258 017 025.

They are used IRL spares so they were almost certainly in methanol burning engines.

Hope that helps

[Edited on 20/6/17 by Theshed]

dmrider_10

posted on 20/6/17 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh rubbish. I needed a LSU 4.2 Sensor
Theshed

posted on 20/6/17 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry.......

Let me sell you a V8 engine to cheer you up?

ian.stewart

posted on 20/6/17 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
home from work at a decent hour tonight, i never got in till past 2pm yesterday, i need.... a pair of, ( M&F) if possible, AS607- 98pnRP3846901, I think the numbers are correct,

dmrider_10

posted on 20/6/17 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Having looked at some of your build pics, are you from an aircraft back ground?
Theshed

posted on 21/6/17 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote
My only aircraft background is the annual holiday....read too much Alan Staniforth and got rivet madness

Ian - I think I can help with those - or something close. I will have a hunt this evening..

Theshed

posted on 21/6/17 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ian,

I do have the connectors you asked for...that is the good news. I have both flying and fixed recepticals and plugs. The bad news is that these are new in bags with pins and insertion tools - I was intending to keep these. I would sell one pair for £45 which is less than 50% of the retail price but that is still a bit eye watering I know. I do have many more ASL 5 pin pairs which are "clean used". They take 22awg wire and are max 5 amp per pin. The ones you asked about are 7.5 amp per pin. You can always splice and double up on pins. I would sell a matching pair of ASL connectors for £22. Small problem is crimp tooling - do you have this? If not I could crimp some flying leads for you.

The attached photo shows the tip of the iceberg...I never knew I was a hoarder..

Description
Description

ian.stewart

posted on 22/6/17 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooooh,

Yes please, both flying, and with tails if possible, let me know how you want paying,

Theshed

posted on 22/6/17 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
U2U in your messages....if I can remember how.
Theshed

posted on 22/6/17 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Nope ....too late and that is defeating me. Can you send me a message and I will check that I have the bits you need etc. I am very happy to crimp up the connectors and have plenty of tefzel (posh)wire so let me know how long you need any tails to be. I have two types of receptical. The first type floats the second type bolts to something. Which are you after?
ian.stewart

posted on 23/6/17 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Would it be possible to have a metre on the male n female, I would rather not have a fixed plug, so I can route the cable where it will run the neatest,
Regards
Ian

Theshed

posted on 23/6/17 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
No problem 20awg 0r 22awg?
ian.stewart

posted on 23/6/17 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
20 awg I think should work, its for my crank sensor

Theshed

posted on 23/6/17 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
That is a very heavy duty connector for a crank sensor. You might be better off with screened cable as well. There are some electronics gurus on here much more knowledgeable then me. Do you want to check before parting with the hard earned....

I have some screened cable I think. Not sure what sizes I have but it is all Tefzel. I am in your hands but as I said I have used ASL 5 pin 22 awg connectors that would be a far cheaper and lighter option - you can just leave 2 pins disconnected or use one for the screen. I assume this is going into an ECU. What terminals are at that end of the wires?

ian.stewart

posted on 23/6/17 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
What I have already built up is a 3 wire crank sensor already terminated with a 3 pin AS607,, not too fussed with using that plug, it will come off with a pair of clippers, If you think you have something better for my usage Im quite willing to follow your suggestions, Im not finishing the ECU wiring until i have worked out where to put the ecu,

ian.stewart

posted on 24/6/17 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
After a nights sleep, clarity has returned, I think its best to keep with the AS607, as I have 3 crank sensors, all with the plugs fitted, as for screening, If needed, I can run an external screen if I need to

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.