Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build help
wigster

posted on 28/6/17 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Build help

Hi all, new to this forum, but have been building a Tiger Super Cat since 2010.
I've started thinking that the only way I'm going to get it finished in the foreseeable future is to get some help with the build.
So, I'm hoping that I might be able to get dome pointers on who might be good to approach, and possibly if there's anyone to avoid!

Thanks in advance.

[Edited on 28/6/17 by wigster]

bi22le

posted on 28/6/17 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Detail the work needed on your post buddy and the level of finish (road, IVA, track only, race) and someone may be able to help.

Welcome along

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

nick205

posted on 29/6/17 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum - an ideal place for answers and inspiration!

As suggested a summary of the work required and the purpose of the car will help a lot. If we can see what stage you're at and understand where you want to get to with it then people may be able to help. Even better if you can upload some photos so we can get a visual idea of what's required.

wigster

posted on 29/6/17 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Good points - I would have put more into the first post, but when trying to post in the New Members section, I just kept getting a MySQL error message every time.

Anyway....
I think it's fairly well along the way, and I'm pretty sure I've got all the parts needed to finish it. What I'm really interested in now is just getting it through IVA, then I can start using it, and putting nice extra touches on.

It's up on its wheels with:
- Engine (2.0 Silvertop Zetec), gearbox (Type 9), and drivetrain in place. The only work on the engine has been new cambelt & water pump, and one of Tiger's ERA short sumps
- Body paneling all on
- Interior trim done (apart from the tunnel top and dashboard not being fixed)
- Brakes installed & working (Willwoods up front, donor Sierra drums at the back)
- Cooling system all in place.
- Fuelling to be done through ZX6 carbs, and a Bogg Bros manifold
- Ignition to be handled by a Megajolt.

Still to be done:
- Electrics (and I have been told this can be the single biggest thing)
- Front mudguards
- Exhaust
- Fuelling system linking up
- Ignition system installed
- Fixing bonnet & nose cone
- Clutch & throttle linkages

I've also got a decision problem around the gearshift. I have both a Tiger and Rally Design turret extension, and a Sierra and Rally Design gear lever. I can't quite get the combination right, but I just need to get back out and play a bit more.

There's a few pictures of it here, on Google Drive

Hope that lot helps, and thanks for coming back

[Edited on 29/6/17 by wigster]

wigster

posted on 29/6/17 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
......and the purpose of the car will help a lot.

Forgot this bit. The purpose right now is just road use - I have no intentions of track use (for now, anyway).

Just want it IVA'd and on the road.

HowardB

posted on 29/6/17 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
it looks tidy, wiring can be great fun, and should be split into 2 parts, car - wipers, lights etc and ecu/ign.
Have you got a loom or are you going to start from scratch?

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

wigster

posted on 29/6/17 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
it looks tidy, wiring can be great fun, and should be split into 2 parts, car - wipers, lights etc and ecu/ign.
Have you got a loom or are you going to start from scratch?

Thanks Howard - I've tried to my best to do a clean, tidy build (doesn't always work out that way though, of course).

Yeah, I've got the wiring loom that came from Tiger with the kit. It's all roughly in position and spread through the chassis and interior.
It's just going to have the flyscreen, so no wipers, washers, or fan to worry about for IVA.
I've still got all that stuff from the original kit purchase, so might think about those things after IVA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.