Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quaife Tansaxle Gearbox question
richardm6994

posted on 27/7/17 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Quaife Tansaxle Gearbox question

This is really doing my head in now and making me feel like an right idiot!

I've got a second hand quaife 6 speed transaxle gearbox for a project. The code for the gearbox is QBE52G.

The gear selector rod sticking out the rear has 9 potential positions. These are 3 positions horizontally (pushed in - middle - pulled out) and 3 rotated positions (quarter turn up - middle - quarter turn down).

I've gone through every position of the selector rod, and worked out which are a forward gears (not yet worked out gear numbers), which is the reverse gear and also which are the neutral positions. These are as follows;

middle x middle = neutral
middle x up = neutral
middle x down = neutral

in x middle = forward gear
in x up = reverse gear
in x down = forward gear

out x middle = forward gear
out x up = selector wont move into this position
out x down = forward gear

The obvious problem is the above only gives 4 forward gears and reverse - but this is meant to be a 6 speed box (2nd hand but in new and unused condition).

The selector rod doesn't seem to want to move any further in/out nor rotate any further up/down, so as far as I can see, there are definitely only 3 positions horz and 3 rotated positions for the rod.

I was expecting middle x up & middle x down to be forward gears also and this was would give the missing 2 gears - but these positions are definitely neutrals.

Can anyone please shed any light onto this as I'm about ready to run head first into a brick wall!! Everything on the internet confirms the box is a 6 speed, and it doesn't look like quaife made a 4 speed version.

HowardB

posted on 27/7/17 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Call Geoff at Quaife - they are open 8-5 and very helpful

Tel:+44 (0)1732 741144

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.