Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike fuel pump location-carb conversion
Eviljohn

posted on 28/7/17 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Bike fuel pump location-carb conversion

Hi. My name is John. I'm new to this forum, heard it's a good place for guidance. Currently part way through a bike carb conversion on a mk2 polo. '83 breadvan. Stock engine and 4 speed box. Using carbs from a cbr400, nc29. Was originally using facet low pressure pump and filter king pressure regulator. Switched to pump from ebay, intended for cbr400, due to massive overfuelling issues. Now having issues with bike pump cutting out and also engine/carbs revving heavily when throttle is blipped. Jets have been changed from 120's to 105's and a dynojet kit was already installed.
Does the location of the fuel pump make a difference? Currently have the bike pump mounted in the engine bay, on the wing, next to suspension tower. If i were to move pump lower and maybe closer to fuel tank, would that help it stop cutting out?
Currently, when it does cut out, if you tap the pump, it does kick on again.
Also, there was no tps on the carbs. Do i actually need one? If so, would one from same bike be best or can i fit a universal tps?
Thank you for stopping by and for any guidance you can give. If there's any info i left out that could help, just say and i'll do my best to figure it out. Thanks again.

mark chandler

posted on 28/7/17 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
A bike pump is gravity fed so it needs to be low down, if it starts ticking when you tap it you probally need a new one or it's got some rubbish in it jamming it up.
jossey

posted on 28/7/17 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Under the tank worked best for my ZZR and cbr900 engine

That said it worked ok behind the tank until I got the ab air box

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Eviljohn

posted on 29/7/17 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
Grand advice. Thank you Sir's.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.