Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So sportsmanship isn't quite dead then!!!
russbost

posted on 31/7/17 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
So sportsmanship isn't quite dead then!!!

Was somewhat amazed by Hamilton's move letting Bottas back past on the last lap at Hungary. I know he'd agreed to, but meanwhile Bottas had dropped best part of 10 seconds & had Verstappen right on his tail. I do hope he doesn't live to regret it as it could cost him the championship!

I can't imagine Vettel doing the same thing, can you?

[Edited on 31/7/17 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
anthony1

posted on 31/7/17 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
sportsmanship....long may it live !!!

Read somewhere else a quote he made..........A sportsman isn't judged by the size of his trophy cabinet....well done that man !!
loggyboy

posted on 31/7/17 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
The whole Mercedes ethos should be the envy of the paddock.

Mistral Motorsport

britishtrident

posted on 1/8/17 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Well done to both of them ! and to Toto for allowing them to take the risk of swapping back.

Toto gets his Mercedes perks ----- Toto in the prototype 300SL in the 2017 Millw Miglia at Sirmione

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

WallerZero

posted on 1/8/17 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Vettel doesn't need to as Ferrari make that decision for him. Smart move by Hamilton as a Merc 1-2 swap in Hamilton's favour may help secure the championship later. Sacrifice 3 points now for potential 7 gain in needed/available later

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 1/8/17 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
As has been said, I suspect Hamilton is more than aware that the sacrifice of a few points for the goodwill of the Finn, may well reap huge rewards towards the end of the season.

The procession around Hungary is always going to create it's own unique issues.

The fact that I actually watched the race last weekend says it all, Formula Hamilton-Mercedes this year has not been the bore-fest of previous years. I had initial doubts, not knowing if the Finn was capable of flying, but he's getting there. Having both seats in the silver cars occupied by similar skillsets is vital to the spectacle. The Verstappen Torpedo is always there to add a certain unpredictability too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.