Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Florida villa
steve8274

posted on 26/8/17 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Florida villa

Bit of a long shot but we are looking to go to Florida next Christmas time and want a villa. Last time I went to Florida and booked a villa, there was a website with all villas listed. It wasn't a travel agent website as such but a site where all owners had put there villa and details down. You could then view them all and decide what was best for you. Thought I had book marked the site but obviously not. It was like an excel spreadsheet really with links.
Has anyone else used this site and still got the link for it?
Thanks

ste

posted on 26/8/17 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried Airbnb?
steve8274

posted on 26/8/17 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste
Have you tried Airbnb?

Yes have had a look on there.
The great thing with the page I was looking for is that in comparison to the commercial sites, the villas were a lot lot cheaper. I guess cos they didn't have to pay fees etc
I may have to reside to the fact that the website has gone and I'm going to have to book commercially. Bit more savings required then.

rusty nuts

posted on 26/8/17 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth doing a search on here , think it may have been Skydive Paul who has a villa in Florida?
coozer

posted on 26/8/17 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ownersdirect.co.uk

Holiday lettings.co.uk

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 27/8/17 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
We've just come back from there - booked with TUI and they were useless !!
They put us up in a house out of the 50's and the pool was green.. absolutely shocking!
Our hire car came with "local maps" which is just a large paper map - not the sat nav that the travel agent said it was... Grrrr

They put us in touch with American firm "global resorts" who hooked us up in "paradise palms".
If you book with global direct you can save yourself about £500. "Global resorts" don't come up on uk searches. We've never heard of them and we have been there more times than I care to remember.

I can recommend paying £10 per head (or fly premium) which will get you to jump the queue when checking in.
Also, fly into Sanford and not Orlando international.... our friends got stuck there for over 2 hrs while we breezed through customs.

If you bank with Natwest, their black account gives you access to airport lounges, so you can sit and have a few beers before you flight.

Hope this helps

steve8274

posted on 27/8/17 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barkalarr
We've just come back from there - booked with TUI and they were useless !!
They put us up in a house out of the 50's and the pool was green.. absolutely shocking!
Our hire car came with "local maps" which is just a large paper map - not the sat nav that the travel agent said it was... Grrrr

They put us in touch with American firm "global resorts" who hooked us up in "paradise palms".
If you book with global direct you can save yourself about £500. "Global resorts" don't come up on uk searches. We've never heard of them and we have been there more times than I care to remember.

I can recommend paying £10 per head (or fly premium) which will get you to jump the queue when checking in.
Also, fly into Sanford and not Orlando international.... our friends got stuck there for over 2 hrs while we breezed through customs.

If you bank with Natwest, their black account gives you access to airport lounges, so you can sit and have a few beers before you flight.

Hope this helps

Thanks.
That's great info. It's also one of the reasons I don't wish to book with a commercial travel agent. Often very overpriced for something you can find a lot cheaper

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 27/8/17 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
This is the first and last time we ever book through a travel agent... they suck !
Just want to take your money and then do bugger all when you need help.

I'd par them with an estate agent !

hearbear

posted on 27/8/17 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Give this lot a try we just put a request in for prices 2019 you just pick a villa that meets your requirements and tick the box to send to all others of that size. We have had lots back today some really good prices and some that I think are the asking price for buying the villas but a lot of choice. Villa rentals

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.