Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MG TC Door Hinges
SteveWallace

posted on 9/9/17 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
MG TC Door Hinges

I know that its a long shot given that this isn't a classic car forum, but I thought that I would try anyway.

I'm restoring a 1949 MGTC from a barn find and some of it was in boxes of bits. I did think that I had a full set of door hinges, but on closer inspection, I have 3 near side and only one off side hinge. Reproduction hinges are not as good as the originals, cost silly money and are only available in full sets of four.

Does anyone have, or know anyone who has, an off side lower MG TC door hinge for sale? I've tried the more obvious channels without success.

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

gremlin1234

posted on 9/9/17 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke with a friend who works with rebuilding MG's
unfortunately he concentrates on the the (even older) J types and can't help, however, he was very impressed with your car and progress.

SteveWallace

posted on 10/9/17 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
I spoke with a friend who works with rebuilding MG's
unfortunately he concentrates on the the (even older) J types and can't help, however, he was very impressed with your car and progress.

Thanks for taking the time to check anyway and thanks to your friend for the feedback.

Its been a frustrating summer as I've been waiting for other people to do things that have been essential to progress and they have been a lot slower than they should have been. I've compensated by refurbishing things that I don't need yet (e.g. seat bases and runners). It means that I'll make quicker progress when I get to that bit, but I have nothing on the car to show for it yet. When I get frustrated I go to a classic car show to remind myself of what its going to look like in the end!

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.