Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Unfinished Zero Project - Stripped Down
Ron86

posted on 21/9/17 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Unfinished Zero Project - Stripped Down

I will take photos of everything at the weekend (if it stops raining) but wanted to gauge interest while I have ten minutes.

Already stripped down and ready to go, I have a 2011 GBS Zero project which was part built but never finished or registered. As the car was already partially build up over a few years, some of the parts could do with a little TLC visually. However, unless stated (i.e. donor parts), all the parts are unused on the road. Donor parts all came from one 1988 Sierra Sapphire for which I have the documentation.

The list of parts included is as follows (deep breath):

1) GBS Zero Standard Body chassis complete with Zetec engine mounts, wishbones, cycle wing brackets, rear hub carriers and pedals.

Please Note: The chassis requires some welding work in a couple of places where the builder has attempted to fit sequential shift, an incompatible handbrake and where they have drilled through one of the nodes on the passenger side to mount the exhaust (!!???). I've taken some advice on this and the welder seemed to think this was a fairly easy fix however I don't know how to weld and don't really want to transport the chassis to someone to do it. On account of this, I would prefer people to view the chassis before committing to buy. The chassis is entirely bare so there is nothing to hide!

2) Sierra Front Uprights (ABS version) and hubs (donor parts, brushed back and painted black)

3) Sierra rear hubs and stub axles (donor parts)

4) Steering Rack complete with tie rods and track rod ends (don't believe this is a quick rack but not sure how to tell)

5) GAZ adjustable shocks front and rear

6) GBS fuel tank and sender (needs cleaning up as top is covered in carpet glue and I don't have the sanity to get it off!)

7) (item removed)

8) 2 x black leather seats with red piping (as )these

9) Sierra front brake calipers with vented discs (donor parts - brushed back and painted black)

10) Sierra rear calipers with solid discs (donor parts)

11) Sierra master cylinder and reservoir (donor part)

12) Rear body panel and shroud in stainless - Made up and in good condition, just the odd mark here and there

13) Rear GRP Arches, these look to have been red originally with a black paint job on top. These have taken a few knocks and could ideally do with a new gel coat. Mounting holes already drilled as were installed - complete with p-trim

14) Nose Cone - as above, formerly red. In good condition with grilled already installed. The odd mark here and there. Dzus fixings have already been installed for mounting but could be removed and holes made good

15) Windscreen - glass is fine but frame could do with spraying as has been moved around the garage and has a few scratches to show for it

16) Windscreen wiper motor, wipers and fluid bottle/pump

17) GBS Chassis Loom complete with pre-wired fuse box. Some modifications have been made but was all working before it came of the car and all still properly labelled up

19) Bolt on Propshaft

20) Sierra Steering linkage bar (donor part)

21) Standard radiator (not alu), fan and expansion cap

22) Sierra diff (not LSD) 3.92 bolt on style

23) Rear Lobro driveshafts (new but with some surface rust having been sat for a while)

24) Headlights with chrome casing - casing has some surface rust after sitting for a while

25) Sierra steering column (non-adjustable) including stalks and ignition (with key)

26) All nuts, bolts, washers etc I removed have been put into labelled tubs for re-use (where possible)

Before I attempt to sell every item separately, I'd like to see if anyone wants to buy the lot. Its all been carefully stripped down by me and any inspection is welcome - I just want someone to get this thing on the road! Whilst I appreciate it's very annoying and I'll get some stick from some of you, I don't know how to price this lot so I am open to sensible offers at the first attempt. If things go horribly wrong on here, I'll stick everything on eBay as separate lots.

Lastly, and for the right price, I do also have a full 2.0 Zetec blacktop setup (crate engine, 0 miles but has been started and run safely on a standard Zetec map included with the emerald) complete with donor type 9 gearbox, Raceline sump, water rail kit, alternator kit, emerald K6 ECU, GBS plenum, throttle body, injectors etc, engine harness and exhaust manifold. This will be going into the new project if it doesn't sell.

Thanks for looking. For interested parties who are local to Leicester, I would recommend just coming to look at everything rather than relying on photos/descriptions. I'll be in all day tomorrow if anyone is quick off the mark!

[Edited on 21/9/17 by Ron86]

[Edited on 22/9/17 by Ron86]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Ron86

posted on 21/9/17 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
If you check out my photo archive, I've added some shots of the bare chassis including welding work required. I'll try and photograph everything else at the weekend. Note the side panels were riveted and bonded (hence they were for the bin by the time I'd removed them) and I haven't had chance to remove the sealant or many of the rivet bodies yet. Once tidied up this will be a good straight chassis.
ianhurley20

posted on 21/9/17 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
How much for the wiper motor etc item 16? If you are Leicester - ish I can probably arrange collection

Ron86

posted on 21/9/17 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
How much for the wiper motor etc item 16? If you are Leicester - ish I can probably arrange collection

Thanks for the interest and the various u2u's received so far. As stated, I'm going to see if anyone wants to take the lot before I sell individual items. I'll update the post accordingly if I have no interest.

Thanks!

ianhurley20

posted on 22/9/17 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
I think your title - Breaking unfinished Zero' causes the confusion - why not just put a price on it? - I wouldn't drive 150 miles to look at something if I didn't know it was in my ball park price range.

Ron86

posted on 22/9/17 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Including the engine setup and all parts listed above I'm looking for £5k. As I'm sure you can imagine, it owes me considerably more that this.

Let the comments flow! If you think I've got a screw lose, please advise politely. I'm new to this.

I'd rather sell to a Locost member than putting it on eBay.

chris

posted on 22/9/17 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
i got my zero for considerably less than 5k it was finished road registered and got an mot
Ron86

posted on 22/9/17 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris
i got my zero for considerably less than 5k it was finished road registered and got an mot

There we go - exactly why I didn't put a price on it. However, if you got a finished and registered zero for £5k you did well. I've not seen one go for anything close to that...that's Robin Hood money.

I'll just list everything seperately over the weekend.

wowblaauw

posted on 22/9/17 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Here in lies your conundrum; of course the parts cost more than £5k and you are trying to get as much back as possible with the least possible fuss. Unfortunately the kit car club doesn’t work in this way. We are mostly fanaticle about our projects which in truth are mostly hidden to she who must be obeyed. I am sure I speak for most especially if mine new the amount I’d piled in this year and mine is built Iva’d Etc in the knowledge that if I get 30p in the pound I’d be doing well. It’s your call but I’d be selling the parts individually. By researching what sells on eBay and amounts will put you in good stead as to what to ask for. Hope this helps in some way, but being realistic about selling the whole you’d be doing well to get above 2k. In parts you ought to be above that but it’ll be a painful but fruitful experience for you.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

ianhurley20

posted on 22/9/17 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wowblaauw
Here in lies your conundrum; of course the parts cost more than £5k and you are trying to get as much back as possible with the least possible fuss. Unfortunately the kit car club doesn’t work in this way. We are mostly fanaticle about our projects which in truth are mostly hidden to she who must be obeyed. I am sure I speak for most especially if mine new the amount I’d piled in this year and mine is built Iva’d Etc in the knowledge that if I get 30p in the pound I’d be doing well. It’s your call but I’d be selling the parts individually. By researching what sells on eBay and amounts will put you in good stead as to what to ask for. Hope this helps in some way, but being realistic about selling the whole you’d be doing well to get above 2k. In parts you ought to be above that but it’ll be a painful but fruitful experience for you.

Probably the best advice I've seen

nero1701

posted on 22/9/17 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
price for 15,16 & 17 plesae
Ron86

posted on 22/9/17 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wowblaauw

Thanks for the advice. Watch this space. I'll stick anything I can't use on the new project on eBay starting at 99p.

AndyGaskell

posted on 25/9/17 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
Im interested in

Bolt on driveshafts
stub axles
rear hubs
rear callipers and disks
disk handbrake cable if you have it

Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.