Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Kent cams problem?
ProjectSi

posted on 21/9/17 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Kent cams problem?

I've just fitted a set of KCFZ2002 cams to my Zetec 1.8, these were second hand but still boxed brand new at a massive saving over buying straight from burtons hence why I bought them. After fitting them I have had a multitude of timing problems that have essentially rendered the car worse than before, developing a complete flat spot in the mid range then again from around 5k. A bit of reasearch showed these aren't suitable for standard injection. My question is, will it be worth getting these properly dialled in first, or fitting carbs then getting dialled in. Is it likely to see no real gain leaving them on standard efi? Anybody else got these cams fitted?

Thanks

cliftyhanger

posted on 22/9/17 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Different cams will have different fuelling and timing requirements.
Not sure is the std injection will cope with the changes needed to fuelling, and won't alter timing (though hat may be marginal changes anyway, depending on the new cam timing)

However you progress, you need a fuelling and spark setup that can be altered.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.