Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hub cap locking key
AlexXtreme

posted on 25/9/17 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
hub cap locking key

I have lost the keys for my hub caps (actually I think some kids stole them I as stupidly left them in the car door pockets in full view).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCZLWwsAKLonIRx13
Any idea where I can get replacements... looked on the web and cant see anything. Are these std fitting and does anything else do the job off say another make? I measured the thread OD and it is just over 7.5mm -which does not sound like anything "normal" to me?
Alex

obfripper

posted on 25/9/17 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
They're also used on renaults and vauxhalls and normally are 8mm thread. An 8mm pan or cheese head torx bolt is a good replacement if you don't want to replace with security bolts.
Here's some new vauxhall ones:
Vauxhall ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAP LOCKING BOLT SET - LOCK - NEW - 90495549

Dave

loggyboy

posted on 25/9/17 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
They're also used on renaults and vauxhalls and normally are 8mm thread. An 8mm pan or cheese head torx bolt is a good replacement if you don't want to replace with security bolts.
Here's some new vauxhall ones:
Vauxhall ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAP LOCKING BOLT SET - LOCK - NEW - 90495549

Dave

The vaux/renault ones are universal and have 3 evenly spaced studs so arent really secure. U use long nose pliers on my old Clios ones!

IMHO - Get new wheels, centre cap covers are so 90s! lol

Mistral Motorsport

AlexXtreme

posted on 25/9/17 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
agree they are very 90's but they suit the car (a Ginetta) which is very 90's :-)..

I can get them un-done with a couple of small screw drivers and pliers but want something more practical for day to day use - the wheels come off quite often!

I will have a look at the vaux / renault ones.. I might need a longer thread. otherwise will try some st steel m/c screws...
Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.