Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Basic afr meter
Eviljohn

posted on 4/10/17 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Basic afr meter

Hi all. Hope you're all very well indeed. I'm hoping to get some guidance on a basic, preferrably easy to install afr meter. Looking to fit one to a mk2 polo as part of bike carb conversion so i can keep it tuned myself once it's on. I'm genuinely struggling to find anyone near me, (Taunton,) who will tweak bike carbs. Not sure if i need wideband or narrowband so any guidance on that would be appreciated. Any information or suggestions would be great. If anyone has had joy with a cheaper one, that would be a cheeky bonus too. Means i can put more money towards something else. Don't really care what it looks like so long as it works so even seperates that work together would be fine.
Thanks for stopping by and as always, thank you for any guidance you can impart. Very much appreciated.

CosKev3

posted on 4/10/17 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure you will need a wideband for tuning, narrow band doesn't have a big enough range.

Have a look at LDPerformance website,just bought a controller off them with the latest Bosch sensor to use with my Megasquirt

Eviljohn

posted on 4/10/17 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Says on the website that it will work with most standalone ecu's. Guessin it will work with carbs? Not looking to log any data, just want to know the afr at any given time.
CosKev3

posted on 4/10/17 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
They sell the gauge too,there is a separate output to wire into ECU''s
Eviljohn

posted on 4/10/17 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Coolio. Sorry if that sounded dumb. Learning a lot of this as i go along. Thank you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.