Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTM Libra B18C
Yazza54

posted on 12/10/17 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
GTM Libra B18C

I have been thinking about going back racing in some form and cannot justify having the GTM sat there doing nothing.

2007 Libra, originally factory built, was used daily by the owner and racked up 60k.. when I bought the car from forum a GTMOC member it was in quite a poor state needing some TLC. At the time it had a B16A2 civic SIR engine, I rebuilt a B18C6 Type R engine and fitted that, along with a S80 LSD gearbox, with short 4th gear and 4.78 FD. Fidanza aluminium flywheel and new clutch. The engine had new bearings, re hone, new rings stem seals valves lapped, new gaskets and belts..runs brilliantly. Has a 4-2-1 manifold and 2.5 inch system, sounds awesome in Vtec and revs eagerly right round to 8600rpm. Has around 200HP and weighs approx. 800KG.

Had all the wishbones etc off shotblasted and painted, new ball joints, rod ends, wheels powder coated inc full size spare, new protech shocks, rose jointed focus st170 gear change. At this time new mk2.5 tubular rear wishbones were fitted too. Car has the AP brakes, cable gear change, 2.7 turns to lock quick rack, front and rear ARBs etc. all the desirable bits. The car also had proper 1 piece driveshafts made and all new CV joints last year as the "factory" ones were garbage welded MGF/Honda and I managed to split one. Also recently had new headlights and rear bullseye lights. Nice Sony head unit with Aux/USB.

Can't remember exactly how long the MOT is, I think around 6 months left. Has 2 link pipes, decat fitted currently and a 200cell sports catted pipe for MOT.

Bad bits

Some of the interior trim is a bit rough round the edges. Probably still better than most and certainly above general kit car standard.

I had the car painted and whilst it looks good they didn't do as good a job as I'd like, it served its purpose to freshen the car up but there is the odd blemish here and there and a couple of fibreglass crazing repairs have unfortunately come back through, but you do have to look for them.

The car could do with proper geometry / tracking setup. I didn't get round to doing this as I was going to fit a Z cars wishbone kit first then get it all done.

I would accept £6500 for the car and at this price point I'm not open to offers, the car is priced to sell and you would not only be hard pushed to find another of this spec you certainly won't find another with the B18C engine in. I only know of one other B18C Libra and it sold for £8800 this year. I wouldn't describe the car as perfect but I would value a Honda Libra over a K series so at this price point you could certainly spend a few quid on it if you wished to upgrade things further without ending up with too much money in the car.

As mentioned above, I did plan to fit a Z cars trailing arm upgrade to the car, the kit is paid for and I have told Z cars this can be sold, however if you want it with the car it would be £7500 for the car and the kit to fit yourself. (the Z cars kit is £1500+vat).

Any queries please PM me.

[Edited on 12/10/17 by Yazza54]

[Edited on 12/10/17 by Yazza54]

[Edited on 14/10/17 by Yazza54]

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

40inches

posted on 12/10/17 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger! My most lusted after Kit Car. If you had put it up for sale a month ago!!!!!! Money gone on other things now
Yazza54

posted on 12/10/17 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Bugger! My most lusted after Kit Car. If you had put it up for sale a month ago!!!!!! Money gone on other things now

Get the Mrs on eBay!

leon51274

posted on 12/10/17 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit I'm tempted but I'd need to flog my Haynes roadster to fund it unfortunately!
Yazza54

posted on 12/10/17 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leon51274
I must admit I'm tempted but I'd need to flog my Haynes roadster to fund it unfortunately!

Then get it flogged

Yazza54

posted on 18/10/17 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

Yazza54

posted on 21/10/17 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
Deposit taken

rdodger

posted on 21/10/17 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
You found a replacement?

Yazza54

posted on 21/10/17 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
One or two cars I’ve seen of interest but not yet

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.