Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digital dash
cfc999

posted on 20/10/17 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Digital dash

Can anyone recommend (or does anyone have) a budget digital dash for my zx9 powered sprint/hillclimb striker.
It's not for the road so I only need basic info the two main ones being revs (for noise test) and gear selection/neutral. Oil pressure and water temperature would be good too. Must be waterproof and easy to see. Was planning on using the bike clocks but just weighing up my options before I cut a hole in my dash.

Bunje

posted on 20/10/17 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
depends ho much your looking to spend but i have the etb digidash 2Lite i think it is great bit of kit for the money all sensors included. does abit more than you need so may be out of your price range
russbost

posted on 20/10/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
If you don't need speedo, but want bomb proof reliability at a budget price then get the Acewell 1100

LINK

If you talk to Oliver at Furore Products you'll get 5% off the web price info@furoreproducts.co.uk or furoreproducts@hotmail.com

[Edited on 20/10/17 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jossey

posted on 20/10/17 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Same as Russ suggests he got me to get one of them for track days.

But I then bought the 1600 for IVA both from furore as we get 5% as locostbuilders.co.uk members.

Great customer service too.

David

[Edited on 20/10/17 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cfc999

posted on 20/10/17 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replys guys. Yes the Acewell looks like the type of dash I'm after. I'm running a old pro shift actuator gear change system with buttons on the steering wheel so could do with a digital display indicating which gear I'm in.
jossey

posted on 20/10/17 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
https://www.solomotoparts.com/HealTech-Gear-Indicator-Pro-X-Type-for-ZX9R-98-03/

Get a gear indicator. Don't know of many low end cost speeds with gear indicator on them to be honest. Koso used to do one but I'll never use them again. Chinese crap. Although I hear they now have a UK disti my issue was 4 months for a return and refund and then the wouldn't refund the postage cost back which was £50 and the purchase postage which was £30 so actually I paid £80 for nothing plus the refund took 4 months.

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 20/10/17 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Ace 3252 does pretty much everything including gear indicator, for change out of £125 I can't see how you can buy better! It even has a pretty yellow display!
LINK

[img] Acewell 3252
Acewell 3252
[/img]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
cfc999

posted on 20/10/17 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks for info. Could run a separate LCD gear indicator to keep costs down. My eyes arnt that good so could mount it in my line of sight slightly higher up .Seen them on fleebay starting around £12. Anyone used one.
jossey

posted on 20/10/17 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
That dash above looks good. I'd have got that. I'm about to swap out the zetec for another bike engine

Thanks

David Johnson

ragindave

posted on 20/10/17 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Try one of these!

1pc LCD Digital 15000rpm Dual Motorcycle Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Gauge

Phil_1471

posted on 21/10/17 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
The £12ers from Ebay arnt great in my experience. I have one, depending on what mood it's in depends on if it chooses to reset its neutral position. So means sometimes starts counting from G1 or N. wouldn't waste your time or money on them, by the time I gave up trying all sorts to get it to work I realised I didn't need it as got used to knowing what gear I was in by feel.

You can live in a car but can't rally a house

russbost

posted on 21/10/17 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
There's a big difference between cheap cr*p & a quality product at the budget end of the market! In all the years I dealt with Acewell I think we had about 4 faulty units, the fail rate was less than 0.5%! Plus you could still get parts & service for dashes that sometimes weren't in production anymore!

cfc999

posted on 21/10/17 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. My car is going in to have a loom fitted at my friends bike workshop over the next month. He's a bike tuner by trade and does a bit of racing. He thinks the best option is to wait and see what we're actually dealing with engine sensor wise before buying. In his opinion he thinks I need 3 things on a budget race dash . Revs, shift light and gear selected indicator. The shift light needs to be in line of sight when looking at the road and as bright as possible. Don't think I'll bother with the cheap stuff from China and will definitely have a good look at the acewell range. Will give pro-shift a ring and see what they recomed using on their race gear change systems.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.